Bindmans LLP

www.bindmans.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Bindmans LLP to join us.

Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.3

Work here before you are married/have kids and then leave taking advantage of the firm's exit opportunities.

High face-time requirement, partners roam the halls to see when people come in and leave. Working from home results in email from HR. Flex-time not allowed till 4/5th year. Most associates have office-mates and closing office door is frowned upon.

Pie Town Productions Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a great place to work as a woman. The company is run by 2 women, the upper management skews female and considering it's TV, there is an extremely fair work/life balance here. The trade off is compensation, they do not pay competitive rates for the TV industry.

MB Financial Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Commercial banking is male dominated. Lots of lower level promotions, but higher level positions are still very male and white.

Ctl Engineering, Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

That it's rather even more outdated when it comes to equal or compensation, based on gender, than other companies - depending on which department but it's really still overall not equal.

Clevest Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are worse places to work, and there are probably better.

GT Nexus Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Giving the benefit of the doubt, sexist comments and actions probably come from ignorance or naivety rather than being malicious. Still, it's very present and has an impact on your work. When these actions/comments are pointed out, it's usually laughed off, like "wow, he said that?!" and then ignored, or worse, seen as not having a think enough skin or inability to take a joke.

Respect everyone equally and have zero tolerance for misogynistic behavior

Terumo BCT Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

Terumo BCT is wonderful place to work and grow your career. We have women leaders, engineers, scientists, MDs, production workers and promote from within. We have women in the highest senior ranks, excellent benefits, fair pay structure and a collaborative, respectful environment where the female perspective and diversity is recognized as the aspect that makes us a stronger company. Our CEO has one of the highest approval rates of all CEOs. It's a trusting community, family environment where you can grow both your career and your emotional intelligence. We encourage continuing education, work life balance and wellness at all levels.

Meda Pharmaceuticals Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked here over 5 years and there were many women working at all levels up to President of North America and including several directors. Also was diverse. Women were treated fairly for the most part, with the usual challenges being limited, but still existing related to salaries. Advancement seemed fair.

The Southern Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 15 years, and the company does make efforts to promote women, but I'd say the family policies are equally rough for men and women. The culture is generally not very family-friendly, BUT it truly depends on your manager and department. I've been relatively lucky over the years, but I've had friends who have been in ridiculous situations (being made to take off an hour of vacation if they had to go to a school play - even though a professional and not hourly employee). The culture trends toward the old school chained-to-your-desk from 8 to 5 mentality, but again, it greatly varies with who you work for. I've been awfully lucky over the years. They do try to promote a diverse workforce. The job is very stable. It's hard to get fired from Southern Company (or it's sub companies - Alabama Power, Georgia Power, Gulf Power, Mississippi Power, Southern Nuclear, Southern Power and Southern Company Services). The provide a nice bonus, they are fairly good about career paths and they provide a nice pension, so there are good points about working here. Regarding the parental leave policy, it has been ridiculously antiquated for decades. They recently performed a study showing how many female engineers they were losing because of it, so they've made some much needed changes. They now offer 14 fully paid weeks as of Jan. 1, 2016. This is for new parents and adoptive parents as well. Before you had two weeks and could then use your vacation and sick leave and then go unpaid. Some managers hated to see their employees in rough shape, so would offer extended sick leave throughout whatever you agreed with them at 60 percent. Management is male-dominated and very southern old-school. They are making, what I consider, honest efforts to diversify, and I think in not too long we will see the fruits of that, but for now it's run by wealthy men with stay at home wives with full time help who take care of everything. At the end of the day, we will see that diversification (and already see it a bit), but it's a sad fact that most women who come up in the company through management are harder to deal with. The attitude is very much "I didn't have all these 'privileges' and you shouldn't either, which is disheartening. For the most part, male managers are much more family-friendly. The new policy is nice and workable, but I hope over time, as an industry-leader and a Fortune 500 company, they will become more generous.

ShopKeep Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a fast growing company that was great to work for.