Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at BioWare to join us.

CitiMortgage Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

August 2018

Citigroup as a whole has made great strides in its commitment to diversity and building an inclusive culture. Compensation policy is standardized and while pay bands are fairly wide and allow flexibility on new hires, it really limits you on internal moves and promotions. For horizontal moves in the same grade level, there is generally 0 increase allowed, even though you may be taking on new additional duties. For promotions one step higher, 10 percent is about what can expect. Be sure you negotiate as much as possible coming in.

Very flexible on hours and remote work at the salaried level. Many front line roles, such as call center and operations roles are more limited.

I’ve never needed maternity leave here, however, the policy is the most generous I’ve seen at 16 weeks with full pay. There is also generous time off for fathers and adoptive parents.

Boise State University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2018

You will have close to zero chance of moving up in the company and if your male boss doesn't like you he will give you low-scoring annual reviews which will make it so that your annual performance raise will be only 1% or none at all.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

FO&M is the worst department for flexibility. An employee will get written up and reprimanded if they are 1 second late to work, they are not allowed to eat, sit down, go to the bathroom or talk on the phone unless it is a designated break time, they are not allowed to store food in the office refrigerator for more than 10 hours at a time and they are only allowed access to free, fresh, cold water at a single location that travel time to and from is not allowed for unless it is during a designated break time, as well. They also took first-aid kit access away from employees and foremen.

I will be taking maternity leave in November of this year (it is currently the end of July). Boise State does not have a maternity leave policy so it relies on expectant mothers to utilize any accrued sick and vacation time and qualifying short-term disability concurrently with FMLA.

Daimler Trucks North America LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

If you're nice, you're not taken seriously. If you're more aggressive, you're a bitch. I suspect it is even harder on women of color here, because the company is very Caucasian.

The company goes out of its way to appear progressive, but it is smoke and mirrors. They are promoting women for the sake of appearing appealing, but there still is an underlying good ol' boys network when you're there.

Union for Reform Judaism Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a great place to work for women on many levels; however

I didn't take leave, but can say the leave is incredible. 8 weeks paid, plus a ton of PTO that can be used towards paying for the remaining 4 weeks of FMLA leave.

Plugable Technologies Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The founder is a sexist man masquerading as a progressive Bernie Sanders supporter, who thinks that a "salary secrecy office culture" is acceptable and legal in America (FYI, it has been illegal since 1930). He has made it clear to his employees that he hates HR and HR Managers, and instead of an HR Department Plugable has a neglected "Suggestions Box" that Bernie has failed to look at in several months. He also claims to have an "open door" policy, but when I told him that he and my direct manager were overwhelmed and should consider delegating more tasks to make things more efficient, he refused to acknowledge that him and my manager being overloaded is a serious problem for the company at large. I am partially the reason Bernie implemented a "Salary Secrecy" policy in the first place. I happen to have been friends with 3 people who worked there prior to ever knowing Plugable even existed, and I was married to my husband and dating him long before then too. So obviously, friends and spouses share salary info. Bernie didn't like this, especially because in the process of discussing it with my coworkers, we discovered that I was being paid about $5,000-$15,000 less than all of my male coworkers in the same title. Bernie also made a job listing for my position with a salary range, and my salary at the time (February 2017) was about $2,500 less than the minimum range posted for my position, which I had been working in for over a year at that point. Bernie eventually realized that it was a liability and gave me a pathetic $2,500 raise just to get me barely over the minimum salary and avoid a lawsuit. A week after my husband decided to "do the right thing" and tell his manager that he was looking for another job (mainly due to Bernie constantly telling him that he's "close to the cap" for his salary at Plugable), the Founder decided to terminate me without consulting with or even notifying my direct supervisor ahead of time. Bernie then confirmed with my direct supervisor afterwards that he was firing me now, because it would look less like retaliation against my husband if he did it BEFORE my husband left the company. Bernie began my surprise, retaliatory termination meeting with the statement, "It's tough when married couples work for the same company." My husband and I have worked for the same employer in the past, and we are completely professional. So he fired me because of the actions of my husband, and said nothing but positive things about my work ethic and skill-set during the termination to make things more confusing. He also denied me the right to work remotely from home in spite of my rights to accommodation provided through ADA, while he allowed multiple male coworkers of mine with the same job title and who were totally healthy to work remotely without issue. Bernie also attempted to deny my rights to an individual health insurance plan as an employee of Plugable, and attempted to convince our Benefits Coordinator that I didn't need my own policy because I could just pay to be an add-on with my husband's policy. Thankfully the Benefits Coordinator was a very straightforward woman and said, "No, she has a right to her own policy, because she's also an employee here". The fact that it needed to be said at all just shows how inherently misogynist the Founder is. If you have physical pain related health problems, Bernie thinks it's all in your head, especially if you're a woman. I happen to have multiple chronic pain conditions that have been diagnosed and treated by multiple doctors for the last 7 years. Bernie "gifted" me a book that essentially says, "Pain is just internal rage, and if you express your rage your pain will magically disappear". Every time I explained my physical pain conditions to Bernie he'd talk about how he "threw his problems at the mountain" and got stress relief from mountain climbing and exercise. That's great Bernie, but you can't throw rheumatoid arthritis or my winter episode of gastritis "at the mountain" and I've already been practicing yoga almost daily for years as a way of managing pain and stress. Try telling a disabled retiree with rheumatoid arthritis that they just need to do some mountain climbing and "express their internal rage" and their arthritis pain will be totally gone. Since I'm a 20-something, he probably doesn't believe I even have doctor established diagnoses. He also never asked for doctor's notes in spite of me going into the negative for sick time by over 60 hours. Another thing Bernie did is directly insult me because of my age. I was the second youngest employee at the company, and one day I emailed Bernie to clarify a company policy that hadn't been established yet. I told him that I asked my direct supervisor about it already in my email, and that it wasn't clear that a policy was already in place (Bernie hates putting company policies on paper, because then he can actually be held accountable for them, like remote work privileges and salary secrecy). Bernie responded with, "Asking me after you already asked your supervisor is like a child asking one parent for permission, getting a "no", then trying to ask the same thing of the other parent". So Bernie basically called me a child because I asked for clarification on a company policy, and then erroneously thinks that I went over my supervisor's head by asking Bernie directly, even though I told him in the email that the supervisor never gave me an answer. I found out from friends around the office that he's shown sexism towards basically every woman that has ever worked there. Of the 9 women he's hired into the company over the last 4 years, 4 of them were terminated by Bernie. Meanwhile, only 1 man was terminated in that same time span, in spite of a huge majority of men working there. Coincidence? Absolutely not. In summary, Bernie is an ageist, sexist, misogynist man with an ego the size of a planet, who now refuses to take any of his employees seriously (even the menfolk now too) and is watching as his Amazon empire slowly burns to the ground with all of the terrible decisions he's been making as a result of being overloaded. I don't recommend women, people with health problems, or men with opinions on business operations work at this company. Bernie has said he plans to sell Plugable someday, and hopefully the person he sells it to will be a more decent human being.

Not for Pay, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Employer offers flex time, but then tries to tell certain employees (myself included) that they're expected to be in the office by no later than 9am.

Silpada Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for a year an a half and have loved it! Unsurprisingly, a majority of the employees here are women (IT is still heavily men, though.) Though I don't have children myself, I know Silpada is very flexible with kids (letting you work from home if a kid is sick, etc.). The one con is maternity leave. While I haven't had children, I've been told that in order to receive any pay you have to take short-term disability. I will say that there is no judgement on the part of maternity leave. It's very acceptable to take as much as you can/want to, though with the poor paid leave setup, it's not always an option to take more than eight to twelve weeks.

Designs By Adina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Its a very small company, but men and women are pretty much treated the same. It should be noted that as the male shop owner is not originally from this country, his views on women are not inline with the US. Shop talk can sometimes be a bit inappropriate.

University Of Pennsylvania Law School Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a lot of strong and brilliant women here!

Berlin Packaging Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

N/A

Fiat Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2015

It's a male driven industry where females are considered as important team members but not as leaders