Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at BlaBlaCar to join us.

South 6 Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

That this is a great environment for women, but there is a large need to add sales members to grow.

American Water Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.1

April 2018

Even though this place is run by a woman, they are more focused on outsourcing to india. If you are an American woman, your job is not safe.

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews

They work you to death, no flexibility. On call constantly. No free time when you are off.

Apple Montessori Schools Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very family friendly; great work life balance; tuition benefits for employee children

Telluride Alpine Lodging Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The company supports a woman's need for flexibility. Go for it!

AstraZeneca Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.6

The downside in AZ Biologics Operations is that there aren't a lot of women in this division, and the ones that are there are typically relegated to Project Management roles. The upside is that these women have formed a tight knit, supportive group to help each other out. I've never had a peer group of women that looked out for one another so fiercely. We didn't hold back but everything we shared and all the candid feedback was given in a caring environment meant to improve one another and bolster our presence in the group.

I worked a partial remote work schedule for 5+ yrs, primarily due to my commute, which was 60 miles one way and often took 1.5-2 hrs to drive. I was able to work 3 days a week in the office, working 7-8 hrs and then 2 days a week from home, working 9-10 hrs. I felt like an effective team member and team lead the entire time. Ultimately, however, new management wanted to everyone in the office 5 days per week, regardless of their proven track record working partial remote schedules. This is what caused me to leave AZ. With a husband who also has a long commute and a 3 yr old son, our family couldn't sustain my doing the long commute and 8-9 hr days in the office 5 days per week. While AZ touts their flex hours and remote work programs, they leave it to the manager's discretion to approve/deny a worker's request to participate.

I had my baby 3 yrs ago, and I think policies have changed since then but... it was AMAZING. I received 4 wks fully paid parental leave (both moms and dads get this) and 8 wks paid short term 'disability' as I had a c-section. My paychecks during mat leave were EXACTLY THE SAME as when I was working. I accrued leave the same as if I'd been there those 3 mths. And although I worked for a man and in a group with only 2 peers, both of whom were men, I can't imagine having a better support group. Each of those men were dedicated dads. The excitement on all their faces when I told them I was expecting and the support they gave me during pregnancy, leave and after my return as a sleep-deprived new mom was the best anyone could hope for. Most of my male co-workers all across the hierarchy were dads and were committed family men. I wouldn't say that AZ necessarily fosters an environment where family men want to work (although the flex time and remote work options help), but throughout the organization I saw many family men who were committed to both their corporate and dad jobs.

Mount Rogers Community Services Board Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Many of the employees (including higher-ups) are women. Women are treated fairly, and if you qualify, you can always apply for internal promotions. Promotions are not simply given, you must apply for them. They will encourage those who qualify to try for promotions. Higher-ups are expected to have a Bachelors degree or Masters degree in Human Services related fields.

They will work with part-time people (which is called "Sub-Relief"). Sub-relief employees work around 28 hours a week. Everyone at my facility has to work at least one 12-hour shift each week. Full time employees have less ability to work flexible hours, though you can ask to only work during certain shifts-but you are expected to work that entire shift unless you have to leave for an emergency. If no one can be found to work for you in the case of an emergency (or needing to leave early for any reason), you will not be permitted to leave.

Cone Denim Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2016

Great flexibility for working moms and those with families, or someone who may just want a reduced schedule

Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is only recently emerging from being an "old boy's club". There are no maternity benefits, other than the government EI.

First Trust Portfolios Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2015

There were many women at the company, but predominantly in support roles. I had no mentorship from senior women because I was the only female in an investment role. However, I was quite pleased with the family-centered culture of the firm, the commitment to integrity by leadership, and the nurturing support I received from my direct managers.

Rust-Oleum Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2015

Paid maternity leave + option to take unpaid leave. Very few women at the highest level of the organization. There are many women at the middle management level. Many people in the organization have been here for decades which is a double edged sword. Its a great company, growing, aggressive, great benefits. Only about 300 people in corporate minimizes the opportunity to go 'up' the ladder. Lots of opportunity to go 'across' and learn many different skills in many different areas of the company.