Boise State University

"You will have close to zero chance of moving up in the company and if your male boss doesn't like you he will give you low-scoring annual reviews which will make it so that your annual performance raise will be only 1% or none at all."
"not sure"
One thing Boise State University can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
School Custodian, Operations
"FO&M is the worst department for flexibility. An employee will get written up and reprimanded if they are 1 second late to work, they are not allowed to eat, sit down, go to the bathroom or talk on the phone unless it is a designated break time, they are not allowed to store food in the office refrigerator for more than 10 hours at a time and they are only allowed access to free, fresh, cold water at a single location that travel time to and from is not allowed for unless it is during a designated break time, as well. They also took first-aid kit access away from employees and foremen."
"I will be taking maternity leave in November of this year (it is currently the end of July). Boise State does not have a maternity leave policy so it relies on expectant mothers to utilize any accrued sick and vacation time and qualifying short-term disability concurrently with FMLA."
Would you recommend Boise State University to other women?
"I have worked here for 4 years. At hire I was told the health position would be better suited for me rather than the safety position (both were available at the time). A man who was hired on 9 months after me recieved a promotion to senior safety while I am still at entry level health. I am told my maternity leave (my vacation and sick time I have accrued for 3 months) will be doled out however HR says and that the Idaho minimum requirements will be followed. I'm hoping HR will allow me to come back part time for a bit so I can stretch out my leave a little bit longer. My job requires me to travel one week per month. I can't imagine trying to breastfeed and travel without baby. This should be interesting. Interesting and most likely heart breaking."
Would you recommend Boise State University to other women?
"Benefits and vacation leave are good. Raises/promotions/maternity not good."