School Custodian

Operations

You will have close to zero chance of moving up in the company and if your male boss doesn't like you he will give you low-scoring annual reviews which will make it so that your annual performance raise will be only 1% or none at all.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

FO&M is the worst department for flexibility. An employee will get written up and reprimanded if they are 1 second late to work, they are not allowed to eat, sit down, go to the bathroom or talk on the phone unless it is a designated break time, they are not allowed to store food in the office refrigerator for more than 10 hours at a time and they are only allowed access to free, fresh, cold water at a single location that travel time to and from is not allowed for unless it is during a designated break time, as well. They also took first-aid kit access away from employees and foremen.

I will be taking maternity leave in November of this year (it is currently the end of July). Boise State does not have a maternity leave policy so it relies on expectant mothers to utilize any accrued sick and vacation time and qualifying short-term disability concurrently with FMLA.

I have worked here for 4 years. At hire I was told the health position would be better suited for me rather than the safety position (both were available at the time). A man who was hired on 9 months after me recieved a promotion to senior safety while I am still at entry level health. I am told my maternity leave (my vacation and sick time I have accrued for 3 months) will be doled out however HR says and that the Idaho minimum requirements will be followed. I'm hoping HR will allow me to come back part time for a bit so I can stretch out my leave a little bit longer. My job requires me to travel one week per month. I can't imagine trying to breastfeed and travel without baby. This should be interesting. Interesting and most likely heart breaking.

Maybe. Benefits and vacation leave are good. Raises/promotions/maternity not good.