Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at BrightRoll to join us.

Ashwood Gifts Ltd Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

August 2018

Personally I would suggest most people, let alone women, to avoid working at this organisation. Ashwood Gifts Ltd is run by a family of Christians from the Plymouth Brethren/Exclusive Brethren community, who are very insular as part of their core nature. Research the PBs before accepting a position in this organisation to check that you know what you're letting yourself in for. At the time I worked there, three women worked in the same office as me. The co-founder's sister showed plenty of signs of being unhappy; her aunt seemed to have resigned herself to being seen as a lesser person; one of the warehouse workers was the designated 'tea-lady'. Outside of the office I physically worked in there was also the younger co-founder's wife, with whom I had a limited amount of contact, who did not respond to my efforts to say hello and introduce myself but was very quick to point out any mistakes I made. Regarding mistakes, I started the job feeling confident that I would do well, however I received minimal training. At first I took this to mean that I was doing a good job, but later it became apparent that most of the workers in the office did not want to interact with me (as I said, the Plymouth Brethren are worth researching before you commit to a job like this. Notably, PBs tend to discourage one-another from talking to non-PBs. This extended to training me properly). There is more that I could say here. This workplace offers a budget for free lunches but refuse to sit with you at lunchtime; they are overall very sensitive to anything even vaguely approaching colourful language; communication within the organisation leaves a lot to be desired (especially for outsiders like me. I once received an Instant Message between two of Ashwood's family members talking negatively about me, and I although I reported this to the co-founders, the reaction and any kind of satisfying resolution was very much lacking. Plus, when I handed my notice in, I waited for the co-founder to inform the rest of the team. When this was not mentioned in any group email or team huddle I asked when he was going to announce my leaving to the group. He told me he already had. I'd simply been left out of it).

To say that they are a little bit flexible is technically true but admittedly unhelpful: my working contract stated that I must dress modestly and was disallowed from wearing trousers. Since I feel more comfortable in trousers I asked, when I joined, to wear them and they accepted this. However, I am sure that I have already hinted enough that there are serious core issues with the way this company views and treats women, and I believe these need to be addressed but are unlikely to be. In addition, despite my job being administrative and the industry the company traded in being fairly full of late-starters (many of our customers opened at 10 or 11am, and even then seasonally,), the co-founders' religious beliefs supported starting work very early in the morning. My initial contract was for me to start work at 7am. Due to circumstances at home I was unable to accept a start quite so early so re-contracted for 7.30am. They accepted this. It may also be worth noting that this company had me working for as many hours as they could. Just because I started at 7.30am it didn't mean I got to leave early. I left a while ago but my leaving time was 5.30pm.

Eliminate the negative impact of the founders' religious beliefs about women, which currently lessen the prospects of women in this workplace.

Pay-O-Matic Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2018

yes and no because as I said this job requires a lot

Not for Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

they would sometimes make it seem like over time was mandatory just because someone called out

Gemalto Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2018

This is a French company so different culture, management, priorities and approaches

Western Michigan University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2018

Come work here! People are well-taken care of and supported in many ways both personally and professionally. I have had an EXCELLENT experience with my female supervisor so far, and I plan to stay here as long as possible. She is very supportive and encouraging of my personal goals and furthering my education, and even after I get my master's degree my first choice will always be to stay in the department she supervises. If you see a job opening for something that looks interesting and in your skill-set, apply! You will not regret it.

My particular department director is EXTREMELY understanding and flexible with us. She is very supportive of time away for sick leave or other family things that come up. I know if I ever need time off all I have to do is ask. She also encouraged me to continue my education (which is FREE to employees), and has let me know that I will be able to adjust my work hours to take any classes I need to complete my degree. I LOVE this place.

Allscripts Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.3

January 2018

Not many females in higher positions. Definitely an old boy's club in many departments.

Newton Europe Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

Stand your ground but learn to do it in a way that can’t be called aggressive

It’s consulting. We need to be realistic about what we have to deliver for our clients and how we need to support our teams. Flexibility is so different from what everyone else has to do that it seems like special treatment which could backfire.

Performance Food Group Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a good company, but policies change on a whim. What one person is able to work out for flexible hours may not be extended to another person. Politics rule the company.

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews

Denny's Restaurant Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Corporate positions are good for flexibility and growth opportunities. Cannot attest to field based roles.

Secondary support leave for family members

ME Engineers Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Growing company who respects employee ideas and contributions. Interesting variety of projects.

ConocoPhillips Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Decent company for women, especially in professional positions.