Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Brightstar Corporation to join us.

City of Houston Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

Only take the job if the compensation is fair, your manager is fair and it fits within your overall lifestyle (need more training, get out a contract role into permanent, etc.) But do not plan on staying here until retirement, the culture is toxic.

Rigid policies apply to everyone regardless of position in the organization

Standard 3-mo. FMLA policies (using up accrued PTO and then exhausting it when you return). Also, if both spouses work here then the FMLA policy will be combined (meaning instead of 3mo off for wife/ 3mo for husband, they will combine it to be 3mo for both wife/husband)

All of the above; except the 1st option

Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Non-chargeable roles are very family friendly, chargeable roles have some work to do.

Goldman Sachs Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.6

If you want to make it to the top: great place. But the commitment is huge - it is not easy.

Veritas Technologies LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great future. However, current state is constant change and right sizing. Remote work is feasible and flexible depending on role and location.

Under staffing is the key issue coupled with lack of ability to have a voice that's heard. Too many layers.

Spacex Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Many managers will actively not help you with solving personality issues, many engineers are very unfriendly toward women.

Bernard Financial Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be prepared for the REAL Experience at BFG...the president, Dennis Bernard is at best a terrible example of how to treat your employees, and at worst should be turned in for sexual harassment.  He has no problem crushing the morale of those who work for him.  As a new employee I asked a co-worker if she thought he liked me, and her response was: has he made you cry yet?  Soon enough he did, and the constant public criticism, scolding and browbeating of people created a horrible work environment.  He would blow up at anyone for the smallest clerical error, or mistake that had zero lasting consequences.  He was very clear that he need not be nice or good looking because he's rich.  He made sexual comments on a daily basis, disgusting jokes, sexual stories, and if you didn't find it funny, you would be ignored then berated for "something".  No one should have to endure such treatment, and unfortunately several people still do.  I would not recommend working for him to my worst enemy, that is not to say the company as a whole is terrible, it simply is for those who work directly for him.

HubSpot, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You will be surrounded by men and women and seem to genuinely care about you. I've never felt uncomfortable about my gender in any of the offices, and the company is aware that they need to do more to promote women to leadership roles. The culture surrounding gender diversity is pretty good, but other forms of diversity leave a little be desired (i.e. race, ethnicity, age).

I can only speak toward the flexibility within the Support department, which is pretty good with notice. We are given unlimited days off and sometimes you're able to take days on short notice, but other times you need to know weeks in advance. Since support works based on the expected call/web volume from customers, it's difficult to be flexible on short notice.

West Virginia Wesleyan College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are no overt problems - just subtle creeping of service requests, which often fall to women. There is no tracking system to tally how much service you contribute, and it adds up quickly, and the requests don't stop. There are also problems with students being added to classes that are already full without the permission of the professor - this is not a scattered occasional problem - it happens every single semester with emphasis on the people teaching general education classes (which happen to be more women than men). Suddenly you find there are more students in your classes and more service events, and very little time for research of any kind. Work-life balance is very poor here and it is brought up as a problem that needs to be solved regularly, but nothing gets done about it.

Connecticut Judicial Branch Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

I came there from another clerks office in Connecticut. I thought that it would be pretty much the same across the board but it was pure hell I took the job based on a position that I found out later was never available. The only reason I took the job was because of the experience I was going to be getting. I was hired on a lie and then when I started to question the whole situation then I was public enemy number one. My supervisors yelled at me called me incompetent . Got mad at me for not know things that I was never told. I found out later that this was something that they did and that there had ben other people before me who had gone through the same thing and experienced the same thing. A few people quit there jobs because they just couldn't take it anymore. Mary Na Catherine were to two supervisors from hell. The worst part is everyone knows how bad it is yet no one knows what to do......don't work there under any circumstances......Clerks office new haven Connecticut GA23.

Neustar, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

Very cliquish; CEO is a woman, but surrounds herself with men.