Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Call Box to join us.

Tango Card, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a great place to work if you want to have an influential role in a young fast growing startup. But like many startups, it falls short of creating a level playing field for women because it lacks a performance review process. Perceptions of job performance can be subjective and based on favoritism. There is no diversity awareness training because "we don't have the resources" and I worry that bias goes unchecked. Also, many of the management team are first-time managers and make leadership mistakes accordingly. As a technology company, there are few women which can feel isolating for the existing women at the company. In part, this is because the majority of our employees come through referrals and people refer their male friends. On the plus side, the culture is laid back and fun. The departments are tight-knit and the mentality is "we're all in this together." The company is also accommodating for personal and family emergencies. In most roles, if you need to leave early to pick your kids up from school it's no problem (our CEO often does with his kids). You can also work from home whenever you want and so long as you get your work done, no one cares. The exception to this is roles in customer service since you do have to be in the office to answer support calls during set business hours. There is room for growth in entry level positions but not really for mid-career positions. This is partly due to the small size and early nature of the company. As the company grows, I hope that changes but I'm concerned that unconscious bias could make it harder for women to rise in the ranks as positions open up. With the exception of the CFO, all management is male and have stay at home wives. I think this contributes to underlying beliefs that women will be less committed to their jobs when they have kids.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

We just surpassed 50 employees so now FMLA kicks in for maternity leave. But this is still unpaid.

M*Modal Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is okay as a second income but do not expect to receive a raise ever.

Lamb Weston Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Extent of work-life balance depends on department and leader, some more progressive than others. Overall, demanding, competitive company in need of reevaluating its culture to retain top talent.

No redistribution of job duties while on leave so either keep up by planning on working remotely or come back to an overwhelmingly full inbox and disappointed coworkers.

LG Graphic Design Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Cool vibe

Bankers Life Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It can be both challenging and rewarding.

SaxBST Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Health care is expensive, salary and bonuses are very competitive.

MPI Research, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

In general there are not a lot of women above director level here (basically none right now except the head of HR). There is little overt sexism, but there is definitely a "good 'ol boy" culture you need to deal with. I think women could advance higher up in the company here and they have had female VPs in the past; however, it would be somewhat of a challenge since all the leadership team members are older, white males. Regarding kids: A lot of women have kids here at many levels in the company. The maternity leave policy is 6 weeks 60% pay plus 6 weeks unpaid for a total of 12 weeks. A lot of people use their PTO so they can get paid. There are good, inexpensive daycare centers very close by, and some women leave at lunch to nurse their newborns. Work/life balance and flexibility are very dependent on your direct supervisor. MPI Does support breast feeding (there is a lactation lounge, etc.), but we also work very hard here so it can be a challenge to balance pumping with the work load.

Dematic Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are very few women working here and most of those who do are recent hires or in non engineering positions. It's a very odd mix as if the company only decided in the past few years they were open to hiring women for engineering positions. There are many employees who have been with the company for 10+ year and many even longer. However, very few of those who have been with the company for a long time are women and there are 0 female managers in my department (of over 200 people). These demographics have created an environment where it's not uncommon for someone to use the phrase "She totally wants to do me" or "Have her at the meeting we need some eye candy." There is even a manager who told a recent female hire he thought there were more women working here now because women were getting smarter... So some positives, as a female it is easy to stand out in a good way too. People are more likely to remember you which gives your work extra visibility. All in all I would describe my experience here as kind of weird as I never imagined a place with this kind of attitude was still able to exist. If you are a female interested in a position here I would say proceed with caution and go with your gut-if someone says something off putting in the interview it is likely not a one time thing.

BioReliance Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Good company, good collaboration between teams. Some favoritism among senior management but unavoidable at times.

Sikorsky Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

A very fair and accomodating company. Not only are there numerous women in managerial and executive level positions, but there's no shortage of growth opportunities. Not to mention the ongoing training and classes - They even have their own "school" SMU. Things may change however now that Lockheed will be the new owner.