Cambia Health Solutions

kaiberri

Strategy & Business Development

I would say that an employees perspective may vary greatly between departments. Always ask for guidance and clarification from the start. Advocate for yourself and respect the experience and skills you bring to the position. Also, if not satisfied within one department, you can always look to transfer to another.

My experience was that the flexibility of the role was completely dependent on the department directors work style. It would of been great to have some corporate guidance that pertained to all staff in some way.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Offer frequent and ongoing evaluations (mentorship, action plans, etc) of role expectations. One huge plus was that the role I was hired for was a newly created position, and I had a lot of room to tailor it to meet customer needs. However, that was also a huge barrier and ultimately led to my resignation because there simply wasn't enough guidance and feedback on expectations. For example, after getting direction from the director, I spent several hours creating an assessment tool to use in the community. The problem was that the director had several people working on creating an assessment tool at the same time. This could have been a productive process for us all had we known ahead of time. It wound up creating unhealthy competition between staff and frustration over so many wasted hours.

Maybe. This is a big company with multiple departments. I can only provide feedback based on personal experiences within my department and also basic observations of organizational leaders.

AccountantandMom

You have the ability to work remotely from home and other than "core hours" which you are expected to be available, the hours are extremely flexible and family friendly.

Anonymous - 20342

Accountant

Finance

Supportive leadership that does their best to treat everyone equally

runner gal

Community minded, family friendly, but there still remains a "boys club" atmosphere in certain pockets of the organization.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Maybe. Some departments are very female-friendly. Others have less than adequate representation by women. While women are over 50% of the company's population, they seem to be pigeon holed into certain roles/departments.