Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Capco to join us.

Smarsh Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Fast paced organization that lacks effective communication and planning. Product timeline is dictated by prospects not clients, timelines aren't thoughtfully planned. Lacks women in senior leadership roles. Lower than average wages for the area. The women that work here are awesome. Client Services area is more level playing field, whereas Product and Development are very "bro-y" culture.

Not for Pay, Hiring

Role dictates the level of flexibility

6 weeks full pay, 12 weeks short term disability at $1500 per week. HOWEVER I am the 2nd women to take maternity leave. It was discovered during my leave that the short term disability insurance purchased by Smarsh only covers 5 weeks - even for a c-section. Smarsh paid the difference as that was what HR thought the policy was. Bonus policy was updated this year (2017) to pro-rate bonus for an individual who took maternity leave. So not only do you take time off to care for your new child at a reduced income via STD, you lose even more money because you don't "qualify" for a full bonus payout.

Better communication & planning

Maybe. I would recommend for some areas of the company and provide insight on my reservations on the organization.

P&A Group, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Keep in mind that it is a family company, and even though they are great, who you are related to counts for them.

Maybe. Depends on where they would like to get with the job

Southwest Specialty Products Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

With his background, he has a very different outlook on women's abilities He has that "old generation" attitude even though he is younger. He is not originally from the US, so that makes a lot of the difference

Not for Pay, Hiring

Listen to my wisdom and experiences. I have much more I could be doing but he does not allow me to try new ideas. He always shoots down my suggestions.

Sure Power Consulting Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You need tough skin to survive here. At times the culture is rough on those of color and women

Discover Financial Services Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

November 2016

Good work-life balance, work environment, benefits and pay. Opportunities for advancement and access to education opportunities.

Metropolitan Police Department Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Expect a boys club and chauvinistic attitudes nearly everywhere you go. Flexible working very difficult to get.

LeaveLogic Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

We are all in it to win it at this female-founded start-up. We all do what needs to be done, both in life (home) and work.

TeleSign Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

These observations are of people in upper-management positions. If you act like a "woman" (non-confrontational, peace keeper, people-pleaser), you will get bullied, taken advantage of, treated like a secretary, and men will take credit for your work. If you act like a "man" (confident and assertive), your tone will be considered inappropriate, aggressive, and the company will punish you for it. It will end your career here. The same behavior is accepted if you are a man. In fact, you will get promoted for that behavior if you are a man.

Avison Young Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for a few years and there are a number of women working here, but predominantly in support roles. Management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to "network" with them or colleagues. Mid-level women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues. Also, while maternity leave is generous here I think women are judged harshly by some colleagues and managers for taking the full time.

The Southern Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 15 years, and the company does make efforts to promote women, but I'd say the family policies are equally rough for men and women. The culture is generally not very family-friendly, BUT it truly depends on your manager and department. I've been relatively lucky over the years, but I've had friends who have been in ridiculous situations (being made to take off an hour of vacation if they had to go to a school play - even though a professional and not hourly employee). The culture trends toward the old school chained-to-your-desk from 8 to 5 mentality, but again, it greatly varies with who you work for. I've been awfully lucky over the years. They do try to promote a diverse workforce. The job is very stable. It's hard to get fired from Southern Company (or it's sub companies - Alabama Power, Georgia Power, Gulf Power, Mississippi Power, Southern Nuclear, Southern Power and Southern Company Services). The provide a nice bonus, they are fairly good about career paths and they provide a nice pension, so there are good points about working here. Regarding the parental leave policy, it has been ridiculously antiquated for decades. They recently performed a study showing how many female engineers they were losing because of it, so they've made some much needed changes. They now offer 14 fully paid weeks as of Jan. 1, 2016. This is for new parents and adoptive parents as well. Before you had two weeks and could then use your vacation and sick leave and then go unpaid. Some managers hated to see their employees in rough shape, so would offer extended sick leave throughout whatever you agreed with them at 60 percent. Management is male-dominated and very southern old-school. They are making, what I consider, honest efforts to diversify, and I think in not too long we will see the fruits of that, but for now it's run by wealthy men with stay at home wives with full time help who take care of everything. At the end of the day, we will see that diversification (and already see it a bit), but it's a sad fact that most women who come up in the company through management are harder to deal with. The attitude is very much "I didn't have all these 'privileges' and you shouldn't either, which is disheartening. For the most part, male managers are much more family-friendly. The new policy is nice and workable, but I hope over time, as an industry-leader and a Fortune 500 company, they will become more generous.

Maybe. They are slowly changing their policies and in many respects it's a good company to work for. Not perfect, but good.