Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at CAST Management Consultants to join us.

CARE Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

We are a place where women voices are heard and greatly welcomed.

HAVI Global Solutions Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

Women are not treated fairly, given the same opportunities as men, promoted as readily as men, or paid as well as men. Sexual discrimination and sexual harassment is commonplace.

Give women equal access to development opportunities. Improve overall morale.

Woodman's Food Market Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

Woodman's is a relatively good place for woman to work. Our controller and EVP are both woman

Reed Business Information Ltd Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Some divisions of the parent company, RELX, are very proactive in their diversity and inclusion programs. Others, particularly businesses based in the U.K. do not. It tends to be window dressing and a lot of talk with zero action.

Value their people.

Assurant, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

The company culture has shifted and is not as friendly in terms of on site / wfh flexibility as it used to be. The women in power are hesitant to help other women rise up to leadership or power positions.

Greylock Partners Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

Great place to work. Friendly, ethical, genuine people that want your best work and will give you their best in return.

Los Alamos National Laboratory Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

At the most senior levels, there are fewer women. There has never been a female Director/President or VP-level equivalent. As far as I know there has only been one female deputy director but that role is largely placed solely by the LLC company and not necessarily the lab. Politics can be horrendous and I saw many people (women and men) get brought down by it, rightly or wrongly. Although it seemed to be pretty equal opportunity and not specific to sex/gender. There are pockets where women are staunch advocates of others and support, mentor, and guide them and others where they seem to try to bring them down. Some high level managers do have reputations for being pervy, lecherous, and downright inappropriate with female staff. From what I could tell it was very widely known in certain circles (a quick Google search and you can find a couple of very specific ones). I don't think this is all that different from any other comparably-sized company though. All in all, I was in a male dominated area and never once felt my gender put me at a disadvantage. The environment itself requires thick skin but not at all based on any sort of gender bias that I noticed in my several years working here.

JRD & Associates Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The policies are inconsistent and are based on the owner's feelings and whims. The boss also questions your hours constantly, expects you to be available before and after business hours, and enjoys long lunches even if it results in employees staying late that day to complete deliverables. Policies do not support women who are pregnant. One employee was called while she was in labor for an update on a deliverable which she had already sent via email before she left for the hospital. She then had to bring her baby to work because she had no leave. When I became pregnant, the boss gave me a guilt trip for not telling him sooner than 8 weeks. During my pregnancy, after a few lunchtime doctor's appointments, the entire company received an email saying that we had to take PTO for all doctor's appointments, even if they happened at lunch and even if we worked our 8 hours before/after the appointment. Apparently it was ok to go out to eat (no PTO required) but not to go to the doctor. I began going to the doctor before work at 7am. I created a maternity leave plan which the boss refused to read or talk about. A week before I was due, I asked to work from home and was told no. I then said I would have to begin taking my PTO because I was too swollen to sit at a desk, and was told that my leave was "not approved." I had trouble getting information about insurance and had to work directly with the insurance company to figure out my short-term disability plan. The owner then expected me to return to work after the STD ran out, with a 4 week old baby. I quit instead.

Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

My prior job was at Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman and Dicker, a national law firm, where I worked for 2 years. Even though lip service was given to diversity, there are currently 7 women attorneys and 25 men attorneys in the office in a western U.S. city where I worked. The culture was male dominated, with all of the subtle and not so subtle characteristics that come with a traditional caste system. The office where I worked was originally formed by the merger of a male partner from one firm, along with his lackeys, and a male partner who left another firm, taking a large book of business and male and associates who were elevated to partner level at the new merged firm. During my time there, the heads of the two seminal groups were always at odds. After I left, one of the two original founding partners of the office was ousted. He is the partner who had hired me. He was replaced by a female partner, so things may have improved for the women lawyers, but I doubt it. During my tenure, the most powerful equity partner, who had not hired me, was a total bully who lacked communication skills. Other male attorneys cow-towed to him even while he was publicly mistreating female associates. The bully partner did not hesitate to berate female associates in public emails. Overall, there was a lack of leadership in the office. The firm has a 401K but no matching. About 180 hours billable per month were required, which is not terribly high but not as low as at some firms where I have worked. Overall, from a female perspective, the experience was a nightmare. I cannot speak for the male attorneys there.

New Blue Interactive Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You will not be seen for your worth here. They do not care about you. They will take vacation from you even as you work around the clock constantly. The clients are unaware of the intense workload and horrible life balance you have and are inconsiderate. This place is a digital sweat shop.