Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at CAST Management Consultants to join us.

The Agency Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2018

great place to work for women of all ages, ethnicities, or sexual orientations.

Capital One Financial Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

June 2018

Capital One has great work/life balance with competitive time off, work from home options and plenty of flexibility. The benefits and compensation are also highly competitive. Although there is a relatively diverse workforce here, there's definitely a lack of women and minorities in leadership positions.

Yankee Candle Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The same thing I shared in my previous statement. I think that speaks volumes.

What I did not know prior to working for Yankee Candle, which was not mentioned to me until my second week of employment is that they have a no room for discussion, 1 minute late policy. If you are more than one minute late three times you will lose your job. 1 MINUTE PEOPLE!!!! I worked at a location where I was about 20 years older than the rest of the staff who were all from the local College. The problem with this is you have 20 yr olds trying to manage an older mature person and it seems they aren't mentally capable of doing so no matter how grown they may seem. As a parent of 3 twenty-something year olds I feel my children are very mature, yet not one of them is mature enough to be a manager of an entire Yankee store. The other thing that angered me beyond belief is they hired people knowing they didn't have a car and relied on public transportation. Then when something goes wrong and the MTA train doesn't get there within that one minute late policy, they fire the people knowing full well they rely on public transportation whose timing is certainly beyond their control. My first week being employed there a 21 year old single mother was fired after she sprinted from the light rail running at full pace toward the store and the manager didn't like her and was watching from the window praying she would be late so she could fire her. She actually relished the idea which in my opinion is sickening. As a person who was a single mother for 15 years of my life I quit that day and will not reapply. This is a very sad situation as I love the company itself and all of their products. What's worse is the district manager is only about 4 years older than the store manager and they sat there and laughed about this girl getting fired. They planned this out the day prior knowing if she was late they were firing her. I heard their entire conversation. So the next day, after she got a babysitter, took the time to get ready & come in to work, they let her go right there on the spot. I've never seen such a thing in my life.

Management seems to want the younger, college aged employees front & center. Older people have put applications in just to have them stuck on the bottom of the pile. Also, anyone who isn't "in the clique w/ Mgmt." is quickly disregarded, their concerns go unheard & are definitely unheeded.

Adtalem Global Education Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Depends on the department you work in, they aim to treat employees well but over the last few years they have had to make significant cuts and that affects everyone below leadership. Lower salaries, job loss with no warning, reduced benefits etc...they keep trying to merge roles and elimate a person which means double the work and half the pay.

They are flexible in terms of offering flex time and work from home options however you are expected to be available 24-7 to respond to emails or calls even if you are on personal time. I was not allowed to turn my out of office on unless I would be out for more than a week on personal business.

Nordson Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great benefits and discounts, not conducive to women with young children at home.

As a sales associate, you're commission only. This provides a wonderful opportunity for you to make a very competitive salary. Alternatively, your 12pm-9pm work day could easily turn into 12 hours if a client comes in late, or during your lunch hour. You need to make the sale for your commission, and are required to make your daily sales quota. It's not a position very conducive to women with young children.

Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a great organization which needs to continue to progress, be visionary, support 21st century workplace cultures.

Organization needs a flex-time schedule, opportunity to work from home, create a culture of productivity over facetime/office time.

Intuit Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.6

Good company to work for. However each manager has their own vision and terms for work/life balance, etc

Loyola University Chicago Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Unfortunately, the majority of departments are highly disorganized with a great deal of turnover, so it's hard to move projects forward or make a case to take on new responsibility. You're always trying to prove yourself to new leadership.

Designs By Adina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Its a very small company, but men and women are pretty much treated the same. It should be noted that as the male shop owner is not originally from this country, his views on women are not inline with the US. Shop talk can sometimes be a bit inappropriate.

Ologie Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a rare woman-owned creative company, so they're all about empowering other women to succeed. But there aren't always the resources or time available to do so--there's a lack of mentoring, and things are so fast-paced that it's easy to get lost in the shuffle.