Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at CDM Smith to join us.

Hocking Athens Perry Community Action Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2018

Bullying and harassment in abundance! Community Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Glouster, Ohio – March 11, 2018 I worked at hapcap for 2 years. At the onset of my employment I thought I had hit the jackpot of all bosses! He was attentive and engaged. That lasted about 4 months when his advances were not returned and I was dropped like a bad habit and left to train myself. I did both his job and mine for 6 months and was promoted to the next level. Within 6 months of my promotion my manager retaliated against my refusal to reschedule a meeting with a poor performance review that completely ignored my work and solely focused on his disappoinmment with the meeting. I then complained to the agency director with a 90 page complaint detailing his bullying and harassment and my boss calmed down ... For a few months... Until another event triggered him in Dec 2017 and this was the announcement of the new executive director, who just weeks after being announced mysteriously resigned. I could go on and on about the injustices employees are forced to endure at this agency but I'm sure you get the point. Besides having to work with man babies and just downright miserable people, the pay is dismal ( for most) while a couple people receive close to if not more than $100,000/year. This was my first non-profit experience and I believe there's more corruption in this agency than anything. I voluntarily resigned bc I couldn't take the harassment and bullying anylonger. My boss responded to my notice of resignation with "congratulations!". He hated his job and was very verbally abusive to staff and made no secret of his disgruntled opinion of other directors, their salaries and anything else so long as someone was listening. Towards the end of my employment my boss began monitoring my office affiliations and concocted a paranoid idea that me and others were conspiring against him. I again complained about my bosses lack of involvement and his monitoring my office affiliations and was dismissed as having a "personality conflict." Well that was just a bunch of BS b/c the executive director is retiring this June and did not want to deal with his director, which btw has worked at hapcap for almost 13 years and has been able to get away with this behavior for the duration. I had been awarded 1.7million in grants and brought $128k in admin fees into the agency whereas my boss did not get a 1.25 million dollar grant funded which jeopardized his employees employment. My boss was very lazy and did as little as possible. Just an awful, awful experience. Further, unless ur hired in at the very bottom, there are very few opportunities for advancement. If you have any ambition whatsoever and want to work in a supportive and encouraging environment, look elsewhere. No sooner than they hire you they will be looking for reasons to get rid of you. The agency has a lot of internal conflict and most people do not get along. Directors use their perceived "power" to intimidate, bully and harass the people that work for them on the front lines. I have a BS from The Ohio State University and 2 semesters in on my masters of public administration at OHIO Univeristy. I wouldn't recommend working here unless on a temporary assignment or you are desperate!

Connections Guardianship Services LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2018

Hard work but wonderful company , flexible and great life work balance

Dizi Solutions Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

good positive and friendly approach to all employees with job and ife balancing

Universal Weather and Aviation, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great work and life balance, and family is always put first.

Washington Fugitive Investigations Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Unless you are comfortable with comments about these agent's wives or lovers on the side, stay far away. Noboy should have to hear about these things.

Behavior of men on job would borderline sexual harassment daily.

Staples, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.9

unfortunately Not much managment opportunities for women at this company

Flanagan Contracting Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I am a woman and it has been great; I am an owner, so I am sure that impacts my opinion.

University of Dayton Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This campus is very community-driven, but policies for women are very traditional and influenced by the University's Catholic faith (I.e., no birth control coverage). Maternity leave is bare minimum from FMLA -- any time paid is only due to using accrued sick/vacation leave (which you are forced to use) and disability insurance. Much of campus office space is cubicles, and pumping spaced are nonexistent and you have to push for some to be designated. Hours are nice (8:30-4:30) and lots of flexibility for doctors appointments, working from home when kids are sick, etc.

Bucks County Community College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be warned, unless you're with the in-crowd or past the age of bearing children, working as a mother here is going to be tough. They are cutting back and tripling up on everyone's work load. The supervisors expect you to come in early and stay late; they increase your workload without next to no compensation; and they try to nickel and dime you with maternity leave.

BOK Financial Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a lot of women working in the Private Bank and Administrative side...corporate bankers tend to be men and typically want in their way.