Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Central Oregon Community College to join us.

Sonoco Products Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2018

Sonoco has an amazing culture that I value highly. Their company value is to "Do the Right Thing" and I really believe most people there take it to heart. They just need to promote more women into leadership positions.

Maternity leave is way above average for US employers because Sonoco values safety and health.

The Mathis Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2018

Your compensation directly corresponds to the effort you are willing to put forth. There is a low minimum expectation as a guideline.

University of Notre Dame Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.8

It is a good place to work and there is good work/life balance.

All departments need to have the same amount of flexibility.

Ipas Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They are going through a lot of organization-wide changes at the moment so I would be weary of job stability.

I was laid off when I was 5 months pregnant. Up to that point, however, I had the option of taking 6 weeks leave paid by Ipas and an additional 6 weeks paid by my holiday and sick leave.

I was laid off from this organization

GW Pharmaceuticals Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I was a contractor and was able to set my own hours which made it so much easier to also be a mother. I worked remotely and didn't interact with anyone very often; so no office politics and plenty of productivity and room to improve my performance quickly.

Campari Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2016

Very few working moms, hours and culture challenging for moms

Seed Savers Exchange Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at this company for 4 years and moved between roles - all of the moves lateral in terms of autonomy although they involved increased responsibility and higher pay grades. A male coworker hired at the same time went from a similar pay/status level in the organization to running an entire department in 2 years after his female manager left. In my time there the management team went from having about a 50/50 ratio of men and women to just 2 women and 7 men, despite the employee base leaning much more heavily towards women. When women tended to leave jobs, men were promoted into their roles from within. However, when men left management positions, other men were hired from outside the organization to fill the roles. Rather than train female employees in tractor driving, they often looked to hire new male employees. Male field crew workers make comments about a woman's ability to work and managers are sometimes dismissive of complaints about "joking behavior." In my time there I knew of only one female employee who took maternity leave and returned from it - others simply quit their jobs when they got pregnant or went on leave.

Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

My prior job was at Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman and Dicker, a national law firm, where I worked for 2 years. Even though lip service was given to diversity, there are currently 7 women attorneys and 25 men attorneys in the office in a western U.S. city where I worked. The culture was male dominated, with all of the subtle and not so subtle characteristics that come with a traditional caste system. The office where I worked was originally formed by the merger of a male partner from one firm, along with his lackeys, and a male partner who left another firm, taking a large book of business and male and associates who were elevated to partner level at the new merged firm. During my time there, the heads of the two seminal groups were always at odds. After I left, one of the two original founding partners of the office was ousted. He is the partner who had hired me. He was replaced by a female partner, so things may have improved for the women lawyers, but I doubt it. During my tenure, the most powerful equity partner, who had not hired me, was a total bully who lacked communication skills. Other male attorneys cow-towed to him even while he was publicly mistreating female associates. The bully partner did not hesitate to berate female associates in public emails. Overall, there was a lack of leadership in the office. The firm has a 401K but no matching. About 180 hours billable per month were required, which is not terribly high but not as low as at some firms where I have worked. Overall, from a female perspective, the experience was a nightmare. I cannot speak for the male attorneys there.

Cady Studios Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's management male-dominated. Men with less experience and less education were getting promoted, while other highly rated and other respected female photographers were getting "promotions" without promised pay raise (i.e. more work, no official change in job title, no change in salary) and not finding out until the paycheck came at the end of the week. The microaggressions towards women said callously by management got tiring (and the not-so-microaggressions of stupid sexist jokes that one manager in particular wouldn't shut up about.) If you want higher-up management throwing buzzwords at you every meeting without actually fixing any problems, be my guest.

The College of New Jersey Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have had an excellent experience working here at TCNJ due mostly to excellent mentor-ship, flexible leadership, and a department willing to work with my constraints. Someone in a similar position in a different department might not have the same experience.