Cepheid Inc www.cepheid.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Cepheid Inc?

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Cepheid Inc to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

TiVo Inc

50% might recommend
12/9/16, 3:30 PM

Executive leadership is all male, and there are very few women in senior leadership positions. There is no indication that hiring a diverse workforce is a priority. Women and mothers are treated decently, but don't expect to rise up the ranks here.

Maternity leave is minimal from what I can tell.

IBM

54%say women are treated fairly
40% would recommend
12/8/16, 10:28 PM

Expect to travel a lot. Not many positions allow you to work from home or have a good work life balance.

Apple

71%say women are treated fairly
76% would recommend
11/29/16, 4:04 AM

While Apple has good intention on the family-friendly and treating women & men equally, but it often does not happen at first level managers level.

Maybe. Depends on the group and manager

Apple

71%say women are treated fairly
76% would recommend
11/28/16, 5:44 PM

Overall Apple is a pretty decent place to work - the good times outweigh the bad in the 13 years I've been here. I've worked at some truly attrocious places and comparitively, this place is a dream palace, but it has issues and I will not overlook those. If you come to work here, be prepared to fight for what you deserve and don't back down.

Maybe. Different departments experience different levels of equality and sometimes it depends totally on the management. I've had great experiences and was treated well with seemingly decent pay. Though the latter is debatable after seeing my husband go through the same groups I did, a few years after I did, while getting raises 4% higher than my highest raises with exceeding expectations on every review. There are managers within Apple who are very misogynistic and are also high up in the chain of command. It's either difficult to get rid of people like this or they don’t try very hard unfortunately. One such manager asked my husband, who also works for Apple as a manager, if he married “above his pay grade”. Not only is this question wholly inappropriate and very good ole boy network style, but it's as if my looks are more important than anything else about me. This same higher manager has discriminated against women and gay men in his group and women in particular have had to be removed to other areas of the company and he is still somehow in charge of an entire group. Disgusting. In my current area, there are few women and for a long time I was one of two. My pay is lower than nearly everyone else I have been working with (all guys at the time) including new people to the team who were hired four years after me. I now make what the new people being hired to the team make five years later, while people hired one year after me are making literally tens of thousands more than me. Going to HR would result in intimidation from the higher bosses of this area and I need my job. Moving jobs is not an option at the moment though I've been looking. I've been called hostile for being passionate about things, told I talk too much, I’m too quirky to speak in meetings that I lead, aggressive, bitchy, and that I shouldn’t complain when I’m being mansplained - all the feminist tropes. The mansplaining complaint was put through management and passed along to the employee doing it most egregiously. He then mansplained on my review how I should be open to being mansplained and shouldn’t take it as an offense. Also, I’m not the mom type while at work and since I'm a mom at home that is looked down upon. I work with grown ass men, they can make their own cookies and take care of themselves.

Cisco Systems

3.7
59%say women are treated fairly
70% would recommend
10/19/16, 11:25 PM

Great culture of flexibily and use of technology. Diverse executive leadership team.

Development and career advancement

Brewer Science, Inc.

100% might recommend
10/14/16, 5:08 PM

Great flex-time and maternity leave policies - the hours make it easy to come and go to take care of kids' doctors appointments or prioritize my personal life. Six weeks of paid maternity leave - more than I expected. Downsides: the company doesn't seem to care *why* you take personal time, maternity and paternity leave are not treated the same way, and there is a very closed-door policy when it comes to discussing pay or raises.

Maternity leave and paternity leave are not treated the same way. I could have taken another 6 weeks of unpaid leave (per FMLA) but chose to return to work.
Not for Pay, Hiring
Maybe. There are several women in the managerial structure, but there are very few female scientists in the company and some of them have found pay disparity when discussing pay with coworkers.

IBM - United Kingdom

100%say women are treated fairly
100% would recommend
10/10/16, 11:15 PM

Good overall culture for women, however I travel a lot so that is something I will have to think carefully about when it comes to having family. I have however seen women helped to travel less when tthey have families, and I was enabled to work from home when I had an ill relative.

Help women get more technical experience, encourage them to identify as technical

EMC Corporation

2.7
27%say women are treated fairly
27% would recommend
8/16/16, 4:50 PM

Upper management is almost exclusively men who tend to groom other, younger men. This makes it difficult for women to make a name for themselves within the company

EMC Corporation

2.7
27%say women are treated fairly
27% would recommend
8/8/16, 1:21 PM

Take advantage of all EMC has to offer, work hard, and work hard at promoting your accomplishments.

Maybe. It really depends on what group you're in and who your management is. Although the company talks diversity, it' a very macho "bro" environment. This is the company's top leadership is, especially sales leadership, and the women who have reached the highest levels in this company seem to participate in that atmosphere or turn a blind eye to it.

Orbcomm

100% would not recommend
7/30/16, 8:24 AM

There isn't a place to move upward. You need to be with the in crowd. Hard work doesn't matter here. It is who you know not what you know