Chicago Bridge & Iron http://www.cbi.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Chicago Bridge & Iron?

Working here completely depends on which office you are assigned to---some are definitely more user-friendly than others. It depends on how far away from corporate you sit.

I don't think the inequality is due to the company, but rather the industry as a whole.

I worked here for 2.5 years. There were very few women at my location, and nearly all were in admin/support roles. I didn't experience overt sexism, but but I did experience "soft sexism". I felt that I was judged more harshly than my male peers. I would get grilled in meetings over things that would have been no big deal coming from my male coworkers. My safety concerns were met with "too bad, be more careful" while other concerns that weren't even as severe as mine were handled promptly. I was once called controlling in a meeting in front of everyone for speaking up when the rest of the group got ahead of me. Some of my male colleagues even told me they thought I was treated unfairly for being a woman. Other locations may be more woman-friendly, but mine wasn't.

Women Review Chicago Bridge & Iron for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Chicago Bridge & Iron by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

2 stars, based on 2 reviews Company Website anon1705 Lady anon578