Employee reviews at Chicago Bridge & Iron

Chicago Bridge & Iron

default img
Tell us more for better jobs, advice
and connections
your interests
Your feed isn’t personalized yet. Follow topics like career advice, lifestyle or health.
companies you follow
companiesBoxImage
Get alerted when there are new employee reviews.
YOUR JOB ALERTS
Get notified when new jobs are posted.
"Working here completely depends on which office you are assigned to---some are definitely more user-friendly than others. It depends on how far away from corporate you sit."
One thing Chicago Bridge & Iron can improve?
Manager, International And Federal Affairs, Government Affairs
Would you recommend Chicago Bridge & Iron to other women?
"Maybe"

Want to

"I worked here for 2.5 years. There were very few women at my location, and nearly all were in admin/support roles. I didn't experience overt sexism, but but I did experience "soft sexism". I felt that I was judged more harshly than my male peers. I would get grilled in meetings over things that would have been no big deal coming from my male coworkers. My safety concerns were met with "too bad, be more careful" while other concerns that weren't even as severe as mine were handled promptly. I was once called controlling in a meeting in front of everyone for speaking up when the rest of the group got ahead of me. Some of my male colleagues even told me they thought I was treated unfairly for being a woman. Other locations may be more woman-friendly, but mine wasn't."
Project Manager, LFG Specialties
Would you recommend Chicago Bridge & Iron to other women?

Want to