Children's Hospital of Wisconsin

"As far as nursing staff goes, they try to listen to what employees have to say in order to improve. However, not all units are equal in this way so it really depends where you work. "
One thing Children's Hospital of Wisconsin can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
Pediatric Nurse I, Healthcare
Would you recommend Children's Hospital of Wisconsin to other women?
"Children's Hospital of Wisconsin is a wonderful place to work! All of the employees really support and value the mission statement of the hospital and are passionate about the care they provide. It"
Registered Nurse, Healthcare
Would you recommend Children's Hospital of Wisconsin to other women?
"Depending on your professional goals, stage in life, and potential role in the company, this organization could be an excellent fit. I don't believe that any position here would set a woman back - in terms of benefits, leave, advancement, or respect - from the average large employer workplace. But medicine, generally, is not an industry that should be considered "cutting edge" when it comes to walking the walk. As a pediatric institution, I think the organization could do more. "
One thing Children's Hospital of Wisconsin can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
"It depends on your leader, and your role in the organization. Though my position has a good degree of flexibility, there are others in the system with more, and many others with far less flexibility. "
"Paid weeks was at 2/3 salary via short-term disability insurance. Organization does not offer any paid leave options for mothers or fathers. I was required to use my paid-time-off following the initial six weeks of short-term disability. So, while technically those days were unpaid FMLA, I did receive a paycheck until my PTO ran out (which was before my FMLA was complete). "
Would you recommend Children's Hospital of Wisconsin to other women?
"Fabulous opportunities for women to earn leadership positions, and have strong female mentors. Lots of verbal support for families, but not all policies (e.g. maternity/paternity leave) match up to the described culture. "
"I worked here for 9 years. They have a lot of women in leadership roles but they make the minimum and ince they hit director level very rarely are promotrd. The few executive spots are usually recruited with men in mind and women only are considered if those canidates are echausted. They overwork employees and do not promote good work life balance."