CIGNA Corporation http://www.cigna.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about CIGNA Corporation?
Lady VultureFan Senior Associate, Legal

The health insurance benefits are not what you'd expect from a health insurance company. The overall benefits package is subpar. The company does not care about work-life balance. During a departmental meeting the work-life balance working group said they renamed themselves the work-life harmony working group because balance didn't exist. Disheartening.

Lady anon505 Inpatient Care Manager, Behavioral health

Very supportive company

Lady motherpharm Pharmacist, Clinical Pharmacy

Like I said, I do feel like women are judged for becoming pregnant and taking leave. The women I have met in higher-up management positions do not have children, and I think that can speak volumes. Of course, it may be of their own choosing. Mothers may not want high-stress management positions. Upon hire, I was unsure who I would be answering to, and one guy that I thought was one of my bosses mentioned how that because our clinic was all-women, we might need to pass out "chocolate and Xanax." I thought this was very offensive, but he is not a person I'd respect anyways, and I feel like if I brought it to someone's attention, he would be properly disciplined. However, there is no way to address it without several knowing who brought it up, and I'm afraid I would be negatively impacted. It's easier just to let it go, especially because I found out he really does not have much involvement in the management of my job.

I think pharmacists have support from management, but the nurse practitioner I work with does NOT have good support. It depends on your department. The only reason I say men and women are not treated equally is because my hiring manager mentioned several times upon my hire about how some of his pharmacists taking maternity leave made his job harder. He said "don't do that to me, yet!" He is a kind person, but this made me feel guilty about getting pregnant.
Lady AJ Admin

It is very demanding no matter what department you are in and if you do not start at the highest pay rate possible you will never reach it. O and always CYA!!!(cover your ass)

only if you start at a high pay rate
Lady oshavl

WORKING FROM HOME IS A BENEFIT BUT NOT IF YOU HAVE TO WORK 10-12 HR DAYS. PROMOTIONS ARE NOT ALWAYS BASED ON WORK/TALENT. ALOT OF MEN ARE TAKING MID MANAGEMENT POSITIONS NOT WOMEN.

Lady TBnTPA1 Case Manager, UM

treated fairly

Madam anon1088

Lady Jayran

The glass ceiling is ever strong and ever present, despite the majority of onshore employees being present, and despite a few (very few) visible female faces at the senior management level. Especially in IT.

Good for starting, not good for progressing

Women Review CIGNA Corporation for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of CIGNA Corporation by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.5 stars, based on 8 reviews Company Website Lady VultureFan Lady anon505 Lady motherpharm Lady AJ Lady oshavl Lady TBnTPA1 Madam anon1088 Lady Jayran