CIGNA Corporation

3.2

"I would highly recommend working here. No complaints or gripes, Enjoyed my time there."
One thing CIGNA Corporation can improve?
"Not much; it's a great place to work"
Would you recommend CIGNA Corporation to other women?
"The health insurance benefits are not what you'd expect from a health insurance company. The overall benefits package is subpar. The company does not care about work-life balance. During a departmental meeting the work-life balance working group said they renamed themselves the work-life harmony working group because balance didn't exist. Disheartening."
Senior Associate, Legal
"Very supportive company"
Inpatient care manager, Behavioral health
Would you recommend CIGNA Corporation to other women?
"Like I said, I do feel like women are judged for becoming pregnant and taking leave. The women I have met in higher-up management positions do not have children, and I think that can speak volumes. Of course, it may be of their own choosing. Mothers may not want high-stress management positions. Upon hire, I was unsure who I would be answering to, and one guy that I thought was one of my bosses mentioned how that because our clinic was all-women, we might need to pass out "chocolate and Xanax." I thought this was very offensive, but he is not a person I'd respect anyways, and I feel like if I brought it to someone's attention, he would be properly disciplined. However, there is no way to address it without several knowing who brought it up, and I'm afraid I would be negatively impacted. It's easier just to let it go, especially because I found out he really does not have much involvement in the management of my job."
Pharmacist, Clinical Pharmacy
Would you recommend CIGNA Corporation to other women?
"I think pharmacists have support from management, but the nurse practitioner I work with does NOT have good support. It depends on your department. The only reason I say men and women are not treated equally is because my hiring manager mentioned several times upon my hire about how some of his pharmacists taking maternity leave made his job harder. He said "don't do that to me, yet!" He is a kind person, but this made me feel guilty about getting pregnant."
"It is very demanding no matter what department you are in and if you do not start at the highest pay rate possible you will never reach it. O and always CYA!!!(cover your ass)"
admin, N/A
Would you recommend CIGNA Corporation to other women?
"only if you start at a high pay rate"
"WORKING FROM HOME IS A BENEFIT BUT NOT IF YOU HAVE TO WORK 10-12 HR DAYS. PROMOTIONS ARE NOT ALWAYS BASED ON WORK/TALENT. ALOT OF MEN ARE TAKING MID MANAGEMENT POSITIONS NOT WOMEN."