Cinnabar

cinnabar.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Cinnabar to join us.

Urban Outfitters, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a LOT of women that work for this company, being a fashion brand. However, it is predominantly white women and given how much the company relies on women's work, their support is very inconsistent.

It really depends on who your manager is. Because there is no HR department, there really aren't any corporate policies regarding flex time. I was lucky enough to have bosses who were very understanding about needing to work from home or duck out early. That is not the case in all departments. Their maternity leave is also garbage and there aren't enough breast pumping rooms - in some buildings it's just a bathroom with a chair in it.

Sonic Manufacturing Technologies, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

My opinions have less to do with the company and more to do with one particular associate who was difficult to work with, so in this forum, I think it's irrelevant.

Opportunity to work from home/remotely.

Cornerstone Research Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

The hours can be very long closer to deadlines. Overall, not too bad.

More flexible for senior people, not so much for analysts overall. People are generally respectful of personal time.

Ticketmaster Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I greatly enjoyed my time at Ticketmaster, and only left for a one-in-a-million opportunity that did offer higher pay. Some huge highlights: On my first day with the company, I had a fabulous, kind and very knowledgeable buddy, a woman, that showed me around the company and introduced me to my new team mates. My boss, a man, flew into our site to meet me personally and begin my job training. Even more critically, I learned that there was a tops down initiative to ensure each employee felt as if they were growing at the company, and so I had monthly goal planning and growth meetings with my manager where we set short-term goals and discussed progress to long-term goals. This was incredibly helpful for me, and kept me motivated, engaged, and I could see myself growing with the company. Also very helpful: Many of the people I considered role models, leaders that I trusted at all levels in the organization, were women. I never felt as if I was being treated differently because I was a woman, or that there was any limit to what I could do at the company. I also felt as if my opinion counted, which is huge. All in all, I'd have no qualms about returning to Ticketmaster, since it was one of the best work experiences I have ever had.

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's not necessarily your skill, talent, enthusiasm, committment, or education that will help you in your role. It's who you know and being able to navigate a very challenging multi-state political environment.

Promote women supporting each other

Sonos Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked in marketing for a year so not sure this is the fullest summary, but my experience was really good. I left for reasons unrelated to the company. Marketing department was more than half women which is typical. Everyone really friendly and I never encountered sexist jokes or comments. However nearly all of the bosses were men even though the department was mostly female. The engineering department stats were terrible, when I still worked at the company there were 20 engineers and 1 of them was a woman. So a mixed bag but mostly friendly people.

Atlantic Council Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

No women in leadership. Men within my department promoted faster with more salary growth.

Pottery Barn Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked for the company for 5 years, I was lucky to be able to switch to other division after 2,5 years within the company. Although the company creates beautiful product and beautifully merchandise it in stores, website and catalogs,atmosphere at the corporate office is nothing like the Pottery Barn soothing catalog images or cozy retail stores. All the decision making is made by handful of people and as a result there is very little openness to new ideas. Despite great talent on board, only handful of ideas are actually put into action. There is a lack of development or investment in talent growth. It's a great place for somebody who likes little change and likes to execute same tasks over and over. Yet, once you achieve mid to high management position you are expected to work above and beyond, including responding to e-mails and txt messages in late evenings and weekends. It's a female dominated company and while maternity leave is generous; advancement opportunities are too rare.

PMK Capital Management, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women are not promoted into upper management or even considered for it. Being attractive and soft spoken are valued more than quality of work.

Ripple Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

While there aren't very many women on the engineering teams right now, they are making an excellent effort to hire more (and they're making progress). My boss (and some coworkers) make a concerted effort to talk to me about my experience at the company and any improvements I think need to be made from my experience as a woman on the team. I feel like my opinions and experiences are valued and respected. The company also has a great work/life balance. You aren't expected to do work on the weekends and most people are out of the office by 6 or 7 every evening. We have an unlimited PTO policy, but not an official maternity/paternity policy which is worrisome. A few people have taken paternity leave since I've been at the company, but I haven't been here long enough for someone to take maternity leave (not too many women...). One employee only took a week for his paternity leave while the other took a month or two, I think it was personal preference.