City and County of San Francisco sfgov.org

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about City and County of San Francisco?
Lady Kittimeow Associate auditor, Controller

There are a lot of women, including women of color, working here at all levels. The work force is very diverse. For instance, my unit is headed by a black woman with two adult children; the two lead managers are a black mother of two young children and a Filipino gay man; and the managers are a white mother of a newborn, a latina, a black father of a toddler from Sierra Leon, a black mother of an infant, a biracial mother of three, and a white father of two adult children. Maternity leave is 16 weeks paid (supplemented with leave, but also even if you have no leave), and you can take up to a year off worth approval (and people have gotten that approval). I took 5 and 7 monthes with my two pregnancies.

I have worked for the City and County of San Francisco for 6 years, and most of the departments that I worked in were great! The salaries are set (and public information), so I never worried about being under compensated compared to my coworkers. There is one department that I left and would highly recommend to be avoided - the Public Utilities Commission. The environment was extremely stressful, and women were treated unfairly by being bullied and overburdened, while the men were generally more relaxed with a normal work load.

Women Review City and County of San Francisco for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of City and County of San Francisco by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

4 stars, based on 2 reviews Company Website Lady Kittimeow Lady anon65