City of Albuquerque

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at City of Albuquerque to join us.

The Southern Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Speak up for yourself, they are listening and trying to modernize

National Association of Chain Drug Stores Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great place to work if you don't mind the lack of promotional opportunities. It's not that they don't want you to ascend the ranks - just that it's such a small company there's not much to ascend to after a while.

Short Term Disability plus vacation/sick leave.

Progrexion Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a work hard culture, but overall treats all employees well. You have the ability to make a difference and have impact. They care about culture and are attempting to make efforts to be more women friendly.

Long hours are rewarded regardless of productivity quite often.

The paid time off was accrued PTO.

Maybe. Depends on the position

Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Depending on your professional goals, stage in life, and potential role in the company, this organization could be an excellent fit. I don't believe that any position here would set a woman back - in terms of benefits, leave, advancement, or respect - from the average large employer workplace. But medicine, generally, is not an industry that should be considered "cutting edge" when it comes to walking the walk. As a pediatric institution, I think the organization could do more.

It depends on your leader, and your role in the organization. Though my position has a good degree of flexibility, there are others in the system with more, and many others with far less flexibility.

Paid weeks was at 2/3 salary via short-term disability insurance. Organization does not offer any paid leave options for mothers or fathers. I was required to use my paid-time-off following the initial six weeks of short-term disability. So, while technically those days were unpaid FMLA, I did receive a paycheck until my PTO ran out (which was before my FMLA was complete).

Maybe. Fabulous opportunities for women to earn leadership positions, and have strong female mentors. Lots of verbal support for families, but not all policies (e.g. maternity/paternity leave) match up to the described culture.

Thousand Hills Cattle Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's not a job u want if u want a career,or want to move up the ladder,they don't offer raises

Mednax Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

Great place to work and fexable

Crown Equipment Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You are either contract or on a salary. Both have their pros and cons in this company and industry.

West Marine Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Expect for both coworkers and customers to treat you like you don't know anything even if you have worked there for a long time. You may be treated like you can only work in clothing (what I mostly do) and they won't trust you to do much else.

Not for Hiring

Hiring more women. I am one of two women at our store.

Fidelity National Financial, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

At least in the Omaha office, the majority of the employees are women. All the assistants and clerks, with the possible exception here or there, are women, and the ratio of male to female attorneys here is probably 2:1. However, management is almost all male. A few recent promotions may prove to change that, but we'll see. At least in my department, the bosses are fair and don't appear to treat anyone differently based on gender. There are a few "Favorites" of the bosses, but that seems to be mostly based on performance. Attorneys are expected to put in quite a few hours (a norm for the legal field) but the bosses are pretty laid back about daytime appointments, lunches, and outside obligations as long as you are getting your work done. Maternity leave here is non-existent. You have to use a combination of FMLA/accrued PTO. That's a decision made by the head honchos of FNF, and way beyond the control of anyone here in my office. The one woman I know in my department who had a baby recently was able to negotiate a reduced schedule after she came back to work. I've worked here one year and gotten good feedback on my work and an 8% raise. Bonuses are competitive in my department, and I haven't gotten one yet, but hoping that I will soon! I think this is a good job if you're a young female attorney and starting your legal career, and/or if you're not trying to start a family. There are opportunities to move up in the Company if you decide to stay here, and it's good experience if you decide to leave.

Maybe. There is no paid maternity leave, so you have to use a combination of FMLA and accrued vacation time. However, at least in my department, bosses are pretty understanding and not draconian about being at your desk exactly at 8 AM. I know they've been flexible with some new moms who've requested temporarily reduced schedules and working from home. For women that don't have kids, such as myself, the company atmosphere is mostly pleasant and I think that the bosses are fair to female employees, at least in my office.

14 Oranges Software Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2015

I came from a really shitty role that was awful to women so I was kind of jaded. My first day at 14 Oranges was like the heavens opened up and angels were singing. Most people work from home because of childcare arrangements etc so it's totally normal for people to rarely come to the office. No one schedules meetings from 2.30-3.30 because everyone is going to get their kids from school. It's an understanding and no one blinks an eye. Senior management consists of 2 men and they actually are the ones running around driving kids and picking them up. It's SOOOO refreshing to not have to slink out of the office for an appointment or make it a production. It's very simple, you don't even have to say anything. The culture really starts from the top. The 2 bosses set the tone and they are very family oriented. They host a BBQ every summer for the staff and their families. I am literally the only woman in the office for months at a time and I have NEVER felt disrespected or uncomfortable. I am used to working in male dominated environments so it doesn't bother me but I know female friends that would be weirded out. I have never had a role that was so accommodating for work life balance.