Cline Davis & Mann LLC

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Cline Davis & Mann LLC to join us.

United States General Services Administration Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a significant number of women in leadership roles at this agency and plenty of promotion potential- the agency tends to be a bit top heavy in my opinion. From my personal experience I did feel appreciated by my employer and for those that work hard, they do invest in you and give you opportunities to reach your greatest potential.

within the past 7 years GSA has expanded it’s telework program to 4 days a week which has been a huge motivator in getting people to stay at the agency long term. Since the regional headquarters are often located in the central business district the telework policy makes it possible for working moms to move out to the suburbs where housing is not as costly, daycare is not as costly, the school districts are far superior, and crime rates are lower.

Distribute the workload responsibilities more fairly. The salary, while competitive, doesn’t seem fair when not everyone in the agency carriers equal weight. There are some individuals who have “cushy jobs” - very little responsibilities within this agency verses others who are held to a much higher standard, who have the responsibility of spending millions of tax dollars, who are interfacing with clients and high level officials and are given little support to do their jobs. Too many “behind the scenes” jobs and not enough individuals who do the real mission work of the agency. It’s not that there’s a staffing problem, it’s that management isn’t utilizing their workforce efficiently and even years and years of multiple hiring freezes and workforce reduction through attrition hasn’t changed this. Those that excel at their jobs are rewarded with more work and experience burnout.

Learnlight Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I don't have anything to share, it's a good part time.

Bluedot Innovation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Bluedot Innovation is in theory a female friendly company, with women, including myself, making up 1/3 of the companies total senior leadership, and has a founding team that purports a dedication to gender equality. However, issues of inequitable pay have come up on more than one occassion, as has the issue of unreasonable expectation of performance from high performing female employees that is not expereinced by high performing men.

The flexibility is not built in. Women who are high performers and ask for the flexibility receive it, however, it is not built into the company's corporate culture.

National Cathedral School for Girls Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Helps to be woman oriented

Edmentum Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They strive for equality and opportunities for women. Very flexible work environment.

Marymount Manhattan College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is actually a women dominated organization. I've never noticed any discrimination against women and there is opportunity to grow.

Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Policies don't match those of many other large law firms.

Pathfinder International Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

I've worked here for about 5 years. The staff is predominantly women, ranking at all levels of the organization including senior leadership. Given our make-up, I have not attributed issues that arise as due to any gender imbalance. Our issues are more about the policies themselves, and the heavy dependence on manager decision-making-- essentially, a manager can decide to support you in pursuing greater balance between work and family (for example) but this would largely be up to their own interest and motivation. The policies themselves do not particularly support this, and if a manager prefers to default to the policy itself then (depending on where you sit in the organization and who your manager is) you may experience a particularly difficult time maintaining and pursuing your professional goals while being a working mother. By contrast, if you have an excellent manager, you may experience quite the opposite and have a great experience. Since the default for the organization is toward high workloads, high pressure, and high competition, unfortunately if you don't have a manager who makes it a priority to buffer hers or his team from these factors, then the experience can be quite difficult. This is what I have seen for others-- for myself, I have had on the whole a predominantly positive experience here. I've been able to advance, to learn, to explore new interests, and all as a working mother. I would say this is an organization in a moment of transition, and I'm hopeful that things will improve.

Infosys Ltd. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

No paid maternity leave. Leave is only for 12 weeks as per FMLA. This is also unpaid. If you are pregnant or planning a family, i would not recommend this company in USA.

Dimension Data Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2015

I worked here for many years in both a regional and global role. The company was definitely a bad example boys club. Women are outnumbered in all departments except HR and Marketing -- and especially in leadership roles. The salaries are incredibly uneven between men and women, and promotions are given to men without experience to try out leadership, etc., but never to women. Pregnant women and mothers are treated as if they will never return to work, and they are not given any flexibility once they do. It is definitely not a great place to work as a woman.