Code for America

www.codeforamerica.org/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Code for America to join us.

The Pangea Network Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The Pangea Network is very female friendly and has a goal of promoting women's empowerment around the world. Great employer.

Bloomberg BNA Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

November 2016

This is a great place to work in terms of benefits and flexibility, but there are very few women leaders and promotions are very difficult to come by. There are a lot of politics involved and unless you are willing to be ruthless, you are unlikely to move up in the organization.

6 weeks were paid through my disability policy, 3 weeks were paid by the company, and the rest was my vacation/sick time.

Maybe. Bloomberg BNA does provide a flexible work environment in that most employees work from home. This was great for me as a working mom and was perfect for that time in my life. However, I knew I wasn't going to be promoted or develop while there, which is ultimately why I decided to leave.

TracyLocke Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

October 2016

I think it's a great work environment here. There are definitely high stress times as is with any agency, but since having children I am able to be a little flexible with my time - coming in a little late and leaving on time every day, however, more often then not I am openig up my computer after the babies are in bed. I don't feel my growth path (both position and monetarily) has been shifted now that I have children.

I wish we had longer paid leave whether it be fully or partially paid

CareSource Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Overall pay and bonus is high, but not when actual hours worked are calculated. The case management department has very unhealthy work load. No work life balance.

Fleet Readiness Center Southwest (FRCSW) Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

As a federal worker you have to start at the bottom with unreasonable pay. Wirking as a contractor pays better but the benefits are not good

They don't offer any. Taking FMLA.

Take care of there employees. Better benefits.

Maybe. There's some good people but bad management. They promote people by who they are related to or because they file a EEO complaint. I was purposely kept in a hazardous environment while pregnant because I'm a contractor. I had inforned them I was trying and could become pregnant very soon.

Grapeshot Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

C-suite is male but not by design. They'll give you room to grow and shine but you have to be ambitious and vocal.

University of Texas Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The School of Social Work is great, but beholden to the State of Texas standards. The vacation and sick time are generous, and you can sign up for STD. Healthcare is great for you and dependents and there is childcare on campus, if you're enrolled. However, because it's the state of Texas, there is 0 paid medical leave, so you have to save your PTO hours up and use that. There are also complicated rules about how much sick vs comp vs PTO you can use in a week. While HR might tell you if you ask/dig, I made my own spreadsheet based on accruals and deductions from my PTO bank to try and estimate/limit my wage disruption. UT has 20k employees and a monthly class for retirees to access their benefits but no such option exists for anyone going on FMLA. So, you can do it well, but you have to work it (and save up your PTO). Also, my particular program had a terrible director in terms of EIQ and labor standards. So, it's a mixed bag.

Maybe. I hear the School is wonderful, but my particular program director was a nightmare.

Edelman Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

The majority of junior staff members are women, but the majority of senior leaders are male. Suspicion that male junior staffers are paid more than females, although this could be because men tend to be hired from external agencies and therefore paid more competitively. Note that pay increases due to promotions for internal employees are frustratingly limited, which cultivates an impression that external additions to the workforce are more valued than hard-working loyalists (which then leads to heightened attrition). In my team (the Corporate & Public Affairs division), there is also a strong element of a typical "Boys' Club" amongst senior and junior males, which is at times challenging to witness.

Maybe. The majority of junior staff members are women, but the majority of senior leaders are male. Suspicion that male junior staffers are paid more than females, although this could be because men tend to be hired from external agencies; pay increases due to promotions for internal employees are frustratingly limited

Avis Budget Group, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Hard work!!

Spada Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Client service is paramount, and I am fierce about fairness to everyone. I think everyone should be welcome at the work table, with talent, skill and work ethic weighing as much, if not more, than academic pedigree.

Maybe. If I were hiring, yes!