Cogeco

www.cogeco.ca

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Cogeco to join us.

Brand Building Communications Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very open to supporting a flexible schedule. Totally gets the need to keep to a fair schedule.

MIT Press Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Since we're part of MIT, the benefits are great! The only downside is the publishing salary

Staples Canada Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
1.5

It will depend a great deal on whether you are in the US or in Canada, and which department you are in. There are a lot of tenured employees and while that makes for great institutional knowledge, it also makes for a lot of very old-fashioned attitudes and approach.

I believe other departments in the organization may be more flexible than the one I am in - it relates directly to the leadership.

My department is led in a manner that is extremely outdated. Recent news indicates the company may be acquired; so it is unlikely that any one action will make an appreciable difference at this point.

West Chester University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The employee as well as their family receive free tuition at WCU.

Horace Mann Educators Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2016

Horace Mann is a great place to work. There is never a perfect employer, even if you become your own boss. We now have a female CEO who has done incredible things for our company and has moved us closer to a 21st century innovative organization. The people are a great to work with and if your a hard worker you will be noticed.

Better utilize their talent. Invest more in management and leadership, discover their strengths, talents, skills and abilities and put them to use. Encourage innovation and sponsorship, especially in the field for women, and follow-thru with projects and ideas.

5280 Magazine Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

July 2016

You can't really control the personalities of the editors on staff, so company culture at magazines always comes down to who's working there. Luckily, at 5280, most (if not all) editors are incredibly kind, and want younger employees to advance in their careers and grow professionally. There are a good number of positive female mentors with leadership positions. A great place to work, overall. Your superiors will have high expectations of you. Rise to meet them.

Palantir Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I came to Palantir as a brand new mother and was blown away by the benefits, general culture, and flexibility with work schedules (especially compared to what I was used to at the US Government). They care about whether my work gets done and the quality, but don't really index on what hours I'm actually putting in at the office. It's ok to work from home when I need to, and I choose to do a lot of work after my son is asleep so that I can spend some quality time with him in the afternoons. The company grew really quickly and they're still catching up on a few things (expanding mother's rooms, etc), but they've always been open to and immediately actioned constructive feedback when I've provided it, and it's really nice to know they take seriously the things that matter to their employees. We have some (but not a ton) of women in leadership positions, but I think the disparity is more closely linked to the fact that there aren't a ton of women in the tech industry. Bottom line: Things aren't perfect, but they've done a ton for families, are open to feedback, and are totally supportive of making meaningful changes.

The parental leave packages here are awesome. Primary caregiver gets 16 weeks paid leave, secondary gets 4 weeks paid leave, and new parents get a "baby bonus" when your child is born to help out with the upcoming costs.

West Coast Servicing, Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The employer can be somewhat flexible, but it is not for all employee's and

I had a preemie at 31 weeks and went back to work the week after my baby was born with the hope of being able to take time off when he came home from the NICU. I requested 3 weeks off and it was denied, because my "role was too important". I could not take the CA disability leave because my baby was in the NICU for approx 9 weeks and had I taken it would have had to be back to work before he came home.

Pottery Barn Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked for the company for 5 years, I was lucky to be able to switch to other division after 2,5 years within the company. Although the company creates beautiful product and beautifully merchandise it in stores, website and catalogs,atmosphere at the corporate office is nothing like the Pottery Barn soothing catalog images or cozy retail stores. All the decision making is made by handful of people and as a result there is very little openness to new ideas. Despite great talent on board, only handful of ideas are actually put into action. There is a lack of development or investment in talent growth. It's a great place for somebody who likes little change and likes to execute same tasks over and over. Yet, once you achieve mid to high management position you are expected to work above and beyond, including responding to e-mails and txt messages in late evenings and weekends. It's a female dominated company and while maternity leave is generous; advancement opportunities are too rare.

LTD Commodities Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I went back to work after being home 1 1/2 years with my son. There was a fair mix of men and women working here. Men outnumbered women in management roles. I didn't feel some of the men would qualified to be in those roles. The company promoted staff by years of service, as opposed to being qualified. This resulted in managers being unqualified in their roles and unable to lead.