Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Companions and Homemakers to join us.

PGI Intelligence Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2018

Not an ideal employer if you want to start a family or have maternity leave. They follow the federal regulations and put women on short-term disability rather than offering their own maternity leave policy.

Hocking Athens Perry Community Action Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2018

Bullying and harassment in abundance! Community Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Glouster, Ohio – March 11, 2018 I worked at hapcap for 2 years. At the onset of my employment I thought I had hit the jackpot of all bosses! He was attentive and engaged. That lasted about 4 months when his advances were not returned and I was dropped like a bad habit and left to train myself. I did both his job and mine for 6 months and was promoted to the next level. Within 6 months of my promotion my manager retaliated against my refusal to reschedule a meeting with a poor performance review that completely ignored my work and solely focused on his disappoinmment with the meeting. I then complained to the agency director with a 90 page complaint detailing his bullying and harassment and my boss calmed down ... For a few months... Until another event triggered him in Dec 2017 and this was the announcement of the new executive director, who just weeks after being announced mysteriously resigned. I could go on and on about the injustices employees are forced to endure at this agency but I'm sure you get the point. Besides having to work with man babies and just downright miserable people, the pay is dismal ( for most) while a couple people receive close to if not more than $100,000/year. This was my first non-profit experience and I believe there's more corruption in this agency than anything. I voluntarily resigned bc I couldn't take the harassment and bullying anylonger. My boss responded to my notice of resignation with "congratulations!". He hated his job and was very verbally abusive to staff and made no secret of his disgruntled opinion of other directors, their salaries and anything else so long as someone was listening. Towards the end of my employment my boss began monitoring my office affiliations and concocted a paranoid idea that me and others were conspiring against him. I again complained about my bosses lack of involvement and his monitoring my office affiliations and was dismissed as having a "personality conflict." Well that was just a bunch of BS b/c the executive director is retiring this June and did not want to deal with his director, which btw has worked at hapcap for almost 13 years and has been able to get away with this behavior for the duration. I had been awarded 1.7million in grants and brought $128k in admin fees into the agency whereas my boss did not get a 1.25 million dollar grant funded which jeopardized his employees employment. My boss was very lazy and did as little as possible. Just an awful, awful experience. Further, unless ur hired in at the very bottom, there are very few opportunities for advancement. If you have any ambition whatsoever and want to work in a supportive and encouraging environment, look elsewhere. No sooner than they hire you they will be looking for reasons to get rid of you. The agency has a lot of internal conflict and most people do not get along. Directors use their perceived "power" to intimidate, bully and harass the people that work for them on the front lines. I have a BS from The Ohio State University and 2 semesters in on my masters of public administration at OHIO Univeristy. I wouldn't recommend working here unless on a temporary assignment or you are desperate!

Smith & Nephew Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Promotions for women are possible until you reach a certain level.

Imodules Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2016

10 days maternity/paternity/adoption paid leave; 401K is a little below par; good culture and continues to get better; growing company; less than 200 employees

Celerity Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Celerity has a lot of women in leadership positions, and a very supportive staff. I had a great experience working there.

Paragon Systems Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

No family time. No relationship time. Decent pay. Lousy hours.

I've read the collective bargaining contract repeatedly and still couldn't say what they would do with a pregnant officer, makes the possibility terrifying, but trying to schedule doctor visits for renewed birth control is already super difficult.

BIG factor is improve balance and policies. But benefits and compensation also need a check, such as providing sick days and actually allowing them to be used or for doctors appointments to be scheduled more easily. Work schedules come out two days before they start.

Westat Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Not a bad place to work. Have always seen women treated fairly, although seems like fewer are in leadership roles.

New Albany Country Club Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Have good babysitters lined up as they are not flexible with children's needs.

I was treated differently during my 1st and 2nd pregnancies. My first was in NICU for 5 weeks, and my boss allowed me to stay home with her when she got out of the hospital for an additional 4 weeks. My second, I was put on bed rest and continued to work - literally from my bed. The alternative was to begin my leave. While they had to honor the 12 weeks allowed by FMLA, I was told I had to use all my paid time off before using any unpaid time. Since it was early in the year, I asked what I was supposed to do when we had an illness, doctor appointment or emergency, and I was told it would be an unexcused absence. The policy gave them permission then to fire someone for an unexcused absence. My boss actually asked me if I could just afford to quit. I came back to work after 6 weeks. I had preeclampsia and was still healing from a cesarean. I quit 6 months later.

RealNetworks Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Good flexibility

6 weeks was 60% short term disability covered

The Washington Athletic Club Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a good ole boys club. To the men in management and the men in the membership, if you're a woman in that building you must be a secretary or somebody's wife.