Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at COMPAREX to join us.

Workday, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The company is definitely moving in the right direction, but I wonder about the pay equity. Promotion equity is really at the manager discretion.

Express Scripts Holding Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.6

Zero paid maternity benefits. In fact it's almost like I'm being penalized for having a child because my bonus payout for the prior year falls during my maternity leave and they will hold it hostage until I return to work full time. I find this shameful and it says more to me about how they value women and work/family life balance than any dribble they want to pass off in their newsletter about workplace culture. Work from home policy for salaried employees is great but the flexibility it offers probably depends on your assignments and your manager.

Kabbage Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

Kabbage has gone above and beyond for women in the workplace. In terms of leadership - one of the Kabbage co-founders is a woman, and one of the few women leaders in financial technology. I've never felt that men were favored to be hired for, or promoted to, leadership positions. I've always observed these positions being filled based on experience and cultural fit. Further, they partner with several great organizations that promote women in leadership roles, such as Above the Glass. It's October now, which is National Women in Small Business month, and part of the way they're observing this month is by having a Q&A panel at the weekly, all staff Town Hall meeting, where various female Kabbage leaders are asked questions about being women in leadership, in the tech industry. In terms of their treatment of new parents - at both their Atlanta and San Francisco offices, they converted a conference room into a nursing room for new mothers - complete with a cushy rocking chair, a mini-fridge to keep breast milk cool, and even some goodies from small businesses (they're a small business-focused company) like organic breast wipes. Paid maternity leave is 12 weeks, and paid parental leave - for fathers and adoption placements - is 2 weeks. I highly recommend Kabbage as a potential employmer candidate for women in the job market.

Ten Forward Consulting, Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The two owners (both male) identify as feminist. Staff is about half women.

We're a small company, so only only one staff person (the primary owner) has kids, but he took a month of paid paternity after the birth of his second child.

The Wine Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's great!

United States Postal Service Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.1

At headquarters, it's a good work/life balance, but they reward tenure. There are no maternity benefits, but you can use annual/sick leave to take up to 12 weeks under FMLA. If you haven't been with the company long, you don't have many options. They treat women as equals here, but the system is set up so the main way to get promoted is switching groups or positions. If you like your role, it's hard to get a promotion within that role.

General Dynamics Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.9

Ever walk by a construction site and all the men are hooting and hollering? That's what it's like here, except without the whistles. My co-workers ask me out to dinner and try to set me up with their sons.

United States Department of Defense Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

There is a lot of objectionable "jokes" made. Women are not respected as leaders even when they hold the same rank as the men. We are routinely talked over in meetings. The pay is very transparent so discrimination there is very low. Guys do get positions without needing to be qualified or show results where women must have both.

Allegion PLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women are holding a number of high level leadership positions. Leave policies are negotiations with your manager since there is not a published paid time off or sick leave. One manager may tell you that you have to take your doctor appointments over lunch OR use vacation for your kids sick days while another may not. General population of employees is over 50 so focus of benefits and policies is for employees at a later stage in their career. Very little flexibility and you should be at the office from 8 to 5 to show you are committed to your career. Leaving the office for personal business/child events usually requires vacation consumption, even if it is for an hour. There is pressure to use a half day of vacation to leave. Maternity leave is generally 6 to 8 weeks for most women. When asking a pregnant women why she wouldn't take the legal 12 weeks, the response was "that isn't done around here." There is no set policy for paternity leave. Most men took vacation to spend even a day with their new babies. However, this is negotiable with your manager and your manager may approve something while another manager may not.

Panasonic Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

When I first came on board the Manager support was great. As the years went by business began going downhill. The year my General Manager, Manager and Supervisor were laid off things got worse. I truly believed that my General Manager would have been able to keep the company going but because there was a personal issue between him and the President things just did not work out. My General manager was the best ever. He was very supportive of his team. He never sugarcoated an issue. If anyone in his department made an error he would admit that in the Production meetings and let them know that he would take decisive action to reassure the flow of the operation was not hindered. I thought that I would retire with this company but to my surprise after being their for almost 15 years it came to an end. There was definitely a lot of politics and the HR department was partial. I am currently seeking employment and it's been a struggle.