Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Concordia University to join us.

Caliber, The Wealth Development Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2018

It’s chaotic and not very stable place to work. I have nothin more to say

Be more responsible to employees and clients.

University of Manitoba Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2018

Be careful. Unless you are an Academic you will be stuck in the administrative ghetto; never promoted/hit the glass ceiling. Disconnect with upper management (who are all academics, not managers). Management of staff is downloaded to senior admin office person of which will not have any experience or skill in managing people. General trend is that departments are managed in a dictatorship environment. Bullying and disrespectful workplaces are commonplace.

Administrative and support staff are treated as 'resources'; no different than computer monitors and desks. Not respected therefore no consideration given to flex time work life balance. Huge pushback if you want to consider alternate work schedules or flexing time. Not supported but rather strongly discouraged.

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

There are many women in leadership positions so opportunity is there.

JRM Construction Management, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It would depend on the position they were hired for but I tell every new employee that they will love working here.

Office positions offer flexibility, whereas field positions do not. Mostly all office Department Heads are female

Excellent maternity leave benefits

Guess Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This can be an amazing place to work if you have a good team and good leadership. In the past 3 years of working here I've had really great months and just awful ones. They do try to accommodate employees for things like maternity leave (they will have a position for you on your return and they'll work with you on length of leave), sick kids, sick time in general, and the medical/PTO benefits are really great. You can take appointments as needed during the week and it's not a big deal, and there are occasionally great opportunities for career development and advancement.

While some departments have more flexible hours and culture, some do not (even differs between teams in the SAME department, which can be frustrating). I really could do 90% of my job from home, and it would be beneficial to be able to work remotely one or two days a week for my mental well being.

I've known a few different women at this company who've taken maternity leave. They've seemed very happy with the accommodations they were given. I believe you get 6 weeks maternity leave, with the option to extend as needed (unpaid), and you are guaranteed a position on your return.

Bank of America Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.2

Amazing company to work for!! They truely care about their employees. I am a woman manager and my fcm is a woman they hire based on qualifications not gender.

Pell Frischmann Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked here for 4 years in a senior position. The staff and regional colleagues were great and very supportive. The owners were in their 70s (at least) and held the view that "we shouldn't employ women, they only get pregnant".

Lettuce Entertain You Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've been working here for about 2 1/2 years, and as a woman in this role, in this company, it's most common that we are perceived by customers and by managers and other roles as 'expendable' and/or without valuable input or observation, no matter what observations one has culled from seeing high turnover in various positions that have created instability and ultimately, income loss for individuals and the company/location overall through the years. Both in the male-dominated middle and upper management and corporate head levels, as well as the lower, female-dominated in-store managerial and serving roles, an increasing lack of employee development coupled with decreasing benefits has lowered morale and ultimately supported a more subjective individual review environment also resulting in a degradation in professional relationships. For part-time roles, such as "server" or "bartender", the restaurant minimizes scheduled hours so as to prevent qualification for benefits such as insurance or vacation pay. The availability of such scheduling is subjective, based on personal relationships with managerial staff. If one calls in sick, they are sometimes removed from their current schedule opportunities in the future. Therefore, the idea of maternity leave is ridiculous for the vast majority of women in these roles.

Madison Kipp Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women predominantly work in HR and other support roles. No women engineers, and very few in operations. The management is male dominated, but I feel I have always been treated fairly. In general, it's an old fashioned group of people.

Harvey Fishbein Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2015

I work for a solo criminal defense as his sole employee. We work one-on-one and he treats me well. I'm involved in all aspects of the practice and while I do administrative/support work, he also treats me as an equal and we brainstorm, draft motions, and strategize together. I have been fully involved in a big, high-profile case we have had for the past 2 years and was invaluable during hearings and at trial. However, there is no opportunity for advancement and the pay is low with no chance for raises. I have gotten great experience post-college but feel it is time to move on.