Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Corporation for National and Community Service to join us.

Informa Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2018

Overall, great place to work, lots of female workers to begin with. The company has recently stated that there will be equal pay and treatment for female employees as well as LGBTQ employees and discrimination of any kind will be handled accordingly and swiftly.

Flexibility works with coming in depending on schedules (picking up/dropping off kids, working with doctor appointments or other appointments), but when it comes to being able to work remotely, when you have the capability to do so, this is where the company lags. You are made to feel you shouldn't be allowed to work remotely if you have a sick kid, you MUST take sick time, or if you have contractors/maintenance coming to your house and you don't have to be involved other than being there, you aren't allowed to work from home that day. You MUST take a PTO day. When you aren't interacting with clients or people in person 90% of the time, the idea that you aren't allowed to work remotely from time to time, though your boss is/does, makes for poor morale or feelings of anger toward management who utilize a double standard simply because they are management.

100% paid for 12 weeks by having a C-Section, natural birth gets 100% paid leave for 10 weeks. Well above what most companies in the United States offers. I think this is fantastic, however, I see room for improvement as moms (who are choosing to breastfeed) are suggested to BF for a minimum of 6 months and that time frame would be most beneficial for time to spend/bond/and nurture ones child before returning to work. It is also shown in studies that a womans body takes a minimum of 6 months to heal, but upward of 18 months. To give mothers the option to take longer paid maternity leave to promote healing, both physically and mentally - PPD is more common now that women feel more comfortable talking about it - and ready to tackle work when they return.

Improve work-life balance, improve compensation, and improve maternity benefits (maternity benefits are pretty luxe right now comparatively in the United States (10 weeks for natural birth or 12 weeks for a c-section, all 100% paid), however, this could be better as mothers who choose to breastfeed are more or less attached to their child for a minimum of 6 months.

HLinc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2018

The project manager has been sexist in his attitude toward the females on the team. He seems to value the opinions of our male counterparts more.

New York State Association of Professional Land Surveyors, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2018

Fair, diverse, rewarding and interesting place to work. Employer is good to its employees.

Vengroff Williams Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Okay company for a short term job if you can't find anything else. Typical old boys network runs the show. Pay is below average, the health insurance coverage is sub par and changes every year, so it's hard to keep the same doctors from year to year. The company does not believe in raises and instead uses various "bonus systems" based on your position. But these bonuses are never guaranteed.

They are flexible if you are the right kind of person, ie blonde young and thin.

Midwest Community Bank Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Run for the hills. Not only are their benefits the worst I've ever seen in my 12 years of working experience, but they do not even have a written maternity policy. When I got pregnant, I thought perhaps they would finally implement something into their policy, but this never happened and I received ZERO compensation for the time I took off. I was told I was lucky to even be able to take any time off, which was interesting seeing that I was protected through FMLA. I paid over 1500 a month for our insurance premium PLUS our deductible was 5k a person! With no paid maternity leave, it was very hard for us to plan financially to make our mortgage payment during the three months I had no income and still have to pay our 1.5k insurance premium to get post-maternity care and keep up with my baby boy's dr visits. All while, knowing that the two brothers that own the bank privately made well into the upper six figures and had not a care in the world about their senior support staff struggling to raise a brand new family. It was very disconcerning. They also pay severely undermarket in general, but especially if you are a woman. I am a very high achiever, and I had to persistently ask for a performance review for over a year and a half before I finally got any feedback from my boss. When I finally did get the feedback, I had positive scores across the board and I went a step further and brought up compensation sharing industry averages from Robert Half's 2017 publication, noting that I was severely underpaid for my position and level of experience coupled with my recent stellar performance review. My boss granted me a 2k bonus immediately in good faith that I would receive a raise after the first quarter. Well that never happened, and the CEO (one of the brothers I mentioned earlier) decided to let me go with no warning, 2 week notice and certainly no severance. While I'm glad that I gained the experience there, that place for a woman is like working 50 years ago. I even witnessed the CEO fire his current assistant with no warning or valid reasoning as happened to me (she was the office mom type, middle aged woman who dressed in relaxed fit clothing) only to have her replacement already lined up, a younger, hipper version that seemed like arm candy. It was gross, and probably illegal. Unfortunately, I don't know if it's worth a legal pursuit. I'm hoping to warn women this way instead. They don't deserve your time or talent. I am very happy now in my current role and this experience really made me appreciate what I have now!

They have no written maternity leave policy. HR makes you feel lucky to get unpaid FMLA. Insurance is 1.5k per month with a 5k deductible per person. How can a modern household with two working parents afford this on top of a mortgage, car payment, etc with NO income???

Shoebuy.com, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Creative is mostly run by women, while tech is mostly men. But, there is some overlap.

Revolve Clothing Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

This is a great place to work if you're young, single and care-free.

Areva Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women don't seem to make it past middle management and I strongly suspect pay is not equitable. BUT lots of flexibility. There are 6 weeks maternity leave paid for by Short Term Disability insurance. Up to 6 additional weeks can be taken, either unpaid or paid by using saved vacation.

iHeartMedia Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.2

Don't get caught up in the rat race. It's all a facade to distract you from the unethical practices of the executives.

Petaluma Health Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is like working at a dysfunctional plantation