Council for Entrepreneurial Development cednc.org/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Council for Entrepreneurial Development?

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Council for Entrepreneurial Development to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers

100% would not recommend
8/2/16, 4:54 PM

IEEE doesn't have many women and they literally micro manage you. they strictly see that you make a 8 hour clock without lunch even though you finish your work

River City Labs

100% might recommend
3/21/16, 12:43 AM

Male dominated industry. Be prepared to run your own race. Great opportunity if you're keen on making a mark in the industry as you are one of few women. Non existant maternity options, not family friendly workplace.

Maybe. Depends on skills/ suitability

Iridescent

3/16/16, 7:18 PM

Great flexible working environment.

Illinois Technology Association

2/12/16, 3:18 AM

Currently, the team is all women (except our CEO) and they are an amazing group of women...not catty, supportive, collaborative. There are only 10 of us total so how we work together is very important. Work/life balance is important at the senior level - personal/vacation time is respected and encouraged.

American Chemical Society

2/10/16, 6:49 PM

There are several woman in the upper levels of management, so generally women are treated fairly and equally, but there is still a large pay gap and a tendency to consider male candidates as more qualified when hiring or discussing strategy. Additionally, "maternity leave" is nonexistent, and is instead qualified as short-term disability leave. However, taking the time off isn't usually seen as a career issue, and in many departments there are flex options which are enormously useful to new (and any) mothers.

C-DAC

2/28/15, 7:34 PM

I've worked there for a long time, and stayed through having 2 children. I returned after both maternity leaves because the people I've worked with have been very supportive. I think it helps that I built up my credibility and reputation before having kids, and suspect it might be harder for someone with less tenure. They accommodated me when I wanted to go from full-time to part-time, which I achieved by taking a non-consulting, non client-facing role, but I’m happy with the work/life balance this gave me.