Cowtan & Tout www.cowtan.com

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Cowtan & Tout?

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Cowtan & Tout to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

Maharam

0%say women are treated fairly
100% would not recommend
10/6/16, 1:54 AM

It's best if you don't have children, or don't plan to.

paid was paid through short-term disability coverage at 60% of regular pay, unpaid used my accumulated time off, then nothing

Cone Denim

100%say women are treated fairly
100% would recommend
9/2/16, 7:54 PM

Great flexibility for working moms and those with families, or someone who may just want a reduced schedule

American & Efird

0%say women are treated fairly
100% might recommend
6/6/16, 3:09 PM

The old textile mentality has been slow to dissipate here. Maternity leave sucks and the company is big on face time. If you work from home, it is more or less presumed that you aren't working. You get an eye roll if you have to stay home with a sick baby. My boss actually emailed me one time when I was home with my sick 9 month old to ask me what time I would be available for a conference call. I had to remind him that sick babies don't keep very predictable schedules. That said, management is old and things are changing. There are a lot of women in their thirties in management positions. Some are young mothers and some will be mothers soon. I feel confident that in the next 5 years things will be pretty different especially if we keep pushing to make them different. I personally have the ear of the CFO and CEO and am well-respected. I plan to push for some policy changes. That said, things do move slowly here and it is going to be a long road.

We had to use short term disability insurance. If I had not of had a C section, I would have only had 6 weeks paid.
Maybe. Circumstances are improving and there are many women in management positions and the pay is very good, but deference is still given to old, white men. That said, they are old and will be gone soon.

Alsco, Inc.

50%say women are treated fairly
50% might recommend
5/19/16, 1:23 AM

This is a boys club. If you are a woman you will not go far with this company. Promotions are based on who you know and what sex you are. So surprised there hasn't been a class action lawsuit.

Alsco, Inc.

50%say women are treated fairly
50% might recommend
11/18/15, 2:34 PM

Alsco is a great company but very behind the times in terms of short term disability and maternity leave. They don't have a policy for either. They truly want more women in their male dominated industry, but they don't take the right steps to get women in the door.

Maybe. Only if they are not interested in having children.