Cozen O'Connor

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Cozen O'Connor to join us.

Matrix Management Institute Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

Assert yourself...don't just go along for the ride. I laid low and tried not to ruffle things too much because I was too concerned about security. I feel that I should have been much more vocal about my ideas and frustrations.

They don't really care where you live or what hours you work. It is really made up of independent contractors, so they just care about output and results.

Was a start up, so they need more focus on what they want to accomplish. They changed tacks a lot and that was good for a while, kept things interesting, but it became very stressful when results were not hitting the mark. There needed to be more clarity and collaboration from the whole team to work on concepts from the beginning to the end together so that we could all stay on the same page.

Alder BioPharmaceuticals Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Promotions are limited - great benefits. Recent hires have much higher titles than last years.

Limited money means promotions are limited

AiCure Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Was told vacation was unlimited, this was taken away. Was told hours were flexible, was later clarified as you must work 10 hours a day and can move that by +/- 2 hours to accomodate family schedules but it must equal 10 hours. Commitment to company was questioned while pet was dying in hospital.

Hours are flexible, but employees are expected to put in 60 hours a week from home/on weekends if they leave early; management sets bad standard by dialing into meetings and working on vacations (while you can hear kids asking for attention in background); employees end up working during vacation or during parental leave anyway.

Was sexually harassed by superior who hid it very well and left no electronic trace; no one was paying attention while he was sleeping with another colleague. Lacked HR department.

Seed Savers Exchange Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at this company for 4 years and moved between roles - all of the moves lateral in terms of autonomy although they involved increased responsibility and higher pay grades. A male coworker hired at the same time went from a similar pay/status level in the organization to running an entire department in 2 years after his female manager left. In my time there the management team went from having about a 50/50 ratio of men and women to just 2 women and 7 men, despite the employee base leaning much more heavily towards women. When women tended to leave jobs, men were promoted into their roles from within. However, when men left management positions, other men were hired from outside the organization to fill the roles. Rather than train female employees in tractor driving, they often looked to hire new male employees. Male field crew workers make comments about a woman's ability to work and managers are sometimes dismissive of complaints about "joking behavior." In my time there I knew of only one female employee who took maternity leave and returned from it - others simply quit their jobs when they got pregnant or went on leave.

Eliot Community Human Services Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have worked here for less than 3 months but it seems like a very fair organization.

Isobar Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked there for 3 years. Management is male-dominated, and your overall experience will determine greatly depending on what team you are currently working on. Women who have children to care for aren't given much freedom to do so. Overall, it varies.

Everlast Worldwide Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 2 years and enjoy it. Although there is limited female leadership in upper management. The company is male dominated and I am actually the first female ever to be hired in the sales department. We also do not get offered paid maternity leave. Many of the females at this company are in lower level positions and often leave after gaining experience to move on to better opportunities. So the females currently working here do not have children. When asked why we do not have paid maternity leave offered in our benefits, one of the executives simply said " Well we've never had any female employees who were pregnant". It is hard to view a long term career here knowing that family balance is not ideal. But maybe I can be the trail blazer.

Putnam Investments Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have worked here only 11 months, however, I was hired while 4 months pregnant (everyone was aware I was pregnant when hired). While the management is certainly male-dominated, there are a number of women in prominent positions. Putnam is making a concerted effort to hire women in the legal department and has gone from 1 woman to 3 in the past year. This is still a significant disparity, however, I have not found that the treatment of attorneys varies significantly based on gender. After having my baby I took the 12 paid weeks of parental leave, 2 weeks of vacation time, and an additional unpaid week of time. My boss was nothing by supportive of the time that I took, and also supported my request to work one day a week from home for the forseeable future.

Polycom Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2015

Great work life balance and understands family comes first

Mapzen Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2015

This company has a diverse staff, is considerate and open to suggestions.