Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Crescent Chemical Co., Inc. to join us.

Vanguard University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2018

The flexibility for women at Vanguard seems to depend on one's direct supervisor and the position held. Overall Vanguard is a nice place to work. Make sure to negotiate a strong salary for entry, as promotions are minimal once within the organization.

Equity for Children at The New School Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

Be very upfront about what you can and can't deliver. The Executive Director and Advisory Board can be abusive. They do not value my time.

American College of Gastroenterology Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is a culture of male-dominated cronyism where the male executive director has an inner circle of other men in a female dominated staff. The IT staff and finance staff are male. To get IT support women have to grovel and beg for help and make themselves subordinate to an middle Eastern male IT consultant. Also men with fewer years of service to the organization are paid more than women with similar levels of education.

Schedule flexibility is not universally available - some people have more flexibility than others. I benefit from flexibility but many others do not. I also believe that I am paid less because of working at home one day per week.

Hire more staff so that workload is spread more fairly and people feel supported and not overwhelmed. Increase IT support, update hardware and software.

CareFirst, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a really great place to work, especially if you desire to grow in your career. It seems that solid work is rewarded well, however I realize that within the organization, the culture of each group may be different.

American Campus Communities Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Working for American Campus Communities wasn't terrible, but I think it really depends on what property you end up at and what the manager is like. Some properties have great management while others have someone who sits at their desk on Facebook while barking orders at their employees.

SODAT-Delaware, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Don't work there. this employer is not female friendly and does not support advancement

Midwest Community Bank Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Run for the hills. Not only are their benefits the worst I've ever seen in my 12 years of working experience, but they do not even have a written maternity policy. When I got pregnant, I thought perhaps they would finally implement something into their policy, but this never happened and I received ZERO compensation for the time I took off. I was told I was lucky to even be able to take any time off, which was interesting seeing that I was protected through FMLA. I paid over 1500 a month for our insurance premium PLUS our deductible was 5k a person! With no paid maternity leave, it was very hard for us to plan financially to make our mortgage payment during the three months I had no income and still have to pay our 1.5k insurance premium to get post-maternity care and keep up with my baby boy's dr visits. All while, knowing that the two brothers that own the bank privately made well into the upper six figures and had not a care in the world about their senior support staff struggling to raise a brand new family. It was very disconcerning. They also pay severely undermarket in general, but especially if you are a woman. I am a very high achiever, and I had to persistently ask for a performance review for over a year and a half before I finally got any feedback from my boss. When I finally did get the feedback, I had positive scores across the board and I went a step further and brought up compensation sharing industry averages from Robert Half's 2017 publication, noting that I was severely underpaid for my position and level of experience coupled with my recent stellar performance review. My boss granted me a 2k bonus immediately in good faith that I would receive a raise after the first quarter. Well that never happened, and the CEO (one of the brothers I mentioned earlier) decided to let me go with no warning, 2 week notice and certainly no severance. While I'm glad that I gained the experience there, that place for a woman is like working 50 years ago. I even witnessed the CEO fire his current assistant with no warning or valid reasoning as happened to me (she was the office mom type, middle aged woman who dressed in relaxed fit clothing) only to have her replacement already lined up, a younger, hipper version that seemed like arm candy. It was gross, and probably illegal. Unfortunately, I don't know if it's worth a legal pursuit. I'm hoping to warn women this way instead. They don't deserve your time or talent. I am very happy now in my current role and this experience really made me appreciate what I have now!

They have no written maternity leave policy. HR makes you feel lucky to get unpaid FMLA. Insurance is 1.5k per month with a 5k deductible per person. How can a modern household with two working parents afford this on top of a mortgage, car payment, etc with NO income???

Homecare Homebase Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If your a woman of color, please make sure you can code switch very well. Never feel you can be yourself fully as you will be dinged and have many mental games played with you by upper management to break you. If your white then be someone who is trendy and cute and you will go far.

College Church in Wheaton Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

With working at a church, all the pastors are men with very few women directors. Most women are in support staff roles as administrative assistants. The benefits are great since it's a non-profit religious organization, however the compensation is not comparable. The pastors make significantly more than the support staff, and the support staff is made to feel like they should be grateful for what they get by the Administrative Director (who is, ironically, a woman). They're not family friendly and try their best to NOT be flexible (for example, you're reprimanded for coming in late and staying late no matter what your reason). HR is not on your side, and basically what your boss says goes--because they're pastors and can't be wrong. The only good things about working here are that most of the co-workers are wonderful to work with, the healthcare benefits are hard to beat, and the work can be fulfilling. However, over time the cons outweigh any pros.

They do what is minimally legally required; but "comments" bordering on harassment are made.

Wellesley College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a lot of politics at the college, which seems to stem from a history of bad relationships among various directors and other people in leadership roles between departments. Definitely do your research about the specific department culture (and any others with whom you'd be working) beforehand. Your ability to take flex time or work from home days depends on your supervisor - these arrangements are often approved at the department-level and not formally established through Human Resources. Women working at the college for less than 12 months who are seeking maternity leave only receive 8 weeks of unpaid leave - which must be used all at once or forfeited otherwise - which is what is mandated by state law (this would cover paternity leave as well). Women with at least a year of employment receive 6 weeks of paid leave plus 6 weeks of unpaid leave; however, they are required to exhaust any accrued paid time off (vacation, sick, personal) during the unpaid leave time; you are given the option to use the total 12 weeks all at once or throughout the first year following the birth of your child. There is also very little transparency about pay ranges - the college does not list them, even for specific titles, and even within departments you are likely to discover that someone with the same title and comparable role as you is making as much as a 50% difference in salary. The vast majority of employees are female, which is what makes all of these policies all the more surprising. Finally, there is very little diversity at the leadership level.