Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Datacom to join us.

Lancaster General Health Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They say they're mom friendly, but don't even accept doctors notes for illnesses

Not for Pay, Hiring

Inside Washington Publishers Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Accepting office culture in a male-dominated industry that believes in work-life balance for all of its employees.

Dining For Women Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very flexible. They are working on getting all employees to market rate for a nonprofit. The mission is incredible and they follow through. Works to promote moms getting back into workforce.

Advanced Assembly Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They are full of talk. They say that they are supportive when it comes to working parents, but they don't put their words into action. Yes, they have been fairly flexible with my schedule so I can pick up my daughter and have understood when I needed to work from home because she was sick or daycare was closed. But when I ask for the raise and promotion that I deserve, I'm turned down. HR is the biggest joke. They are two women that care so little for the women of this company. The men are more understanding actually. HR wanted me to pump in a tiny utility closet that had a shower in it for emergency reason (manufacturing business). I kindly asked them to allow me to use one of the vacant offices instead and was sure to copy the owner of the company. HR agreed, but was very clear to state that I would be kicked out and put back into the original room should they need that office for a future employee. Now we can talk about maternity leave. What a joke. It's unpaid and I actually had to write them a check every month for my families health benefits. I ask them prior to my leave if there was any day given paid, even the day I'm in labor. HR responded "no, of course not, you're not work." This place is continuing to lose great staff because of how poorly they treat people and they don't seem to want to change. People are expected to work 50 hour work weeks (which doesn't help the company many anymore money) and have little time with their families. I'm working hard to move on.

They forced me to write them a check every month to pay for my health insurance. Stated that they don't give even the day your in labor as a paid day because "you're not working"

AGL Resources Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There isn't much for flexible commuting opportunities, and there's no maternity leave- just short term disability.

Maternity leave is 6 weeks of short term disability, so not a full paycheck.

Gorilla Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Not a good environment

City of Cincinnati, Ohio Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Depending on the department, there are many women in leadership positions which makes a difference. The maternity leave policy just improved to add 4 weeks of 70% salary (after using two weeks of accrued leave).

Nissan North America Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked in Monozukuri/manufacturing for over 10 years. At multiple locations. The people made it worth it, not the management. Women usually make up a very small faction in Automotive, but women make up less than 10% of engineering/operations. If you are in the boys club and play the games with them you can make a acceptable standard of living/pay. The culture is made up of blanket policies, keeping your head down and avoiding responsibility and rewarding poor performance with generic appraisals . While there was an increase of women in leadership from 2008-2014, there has been a significant loss of diverse talent recently. If you are OK with just working a job, not loving your job, you would like Nissan.

Dematic Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are very few women working here and most of those who do are recent hires or in non engineering positions. It's a very odd mix as if the company only decided in the past few years they were open to hiring women for engineering positions. There are many employees who have been with the company for 10+ year and many even longer. However, very few of those who have been with the company for a long time are women and there are 0 female managers in my department (of over 200 people). These demographics have created an environment where it's not uncommon for someone to use the phrase "She totally wants to do me" or "Have her at the meeting we need some eye candy." There is even a manager who told a recent female hire he thought there were more women working here now because women were getting smarter... So some positives, as a female it is easy to stand out in a good way too. People are more likely to remember you which gives your work extra visibility. All in all I would describe my experience here as kind of weird as I never imagined a place with this kind of attitude was still able to exist. If you are a female interested in a position here I would say proceed with caution and go with your gut-if someone says something off putting in the interview it is likely not a one time thing.

Homeyer Consulting Services, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

A lot of ladies work here. Many of them are in support roles. There are no female consultants or sales persons at all. There are women in supervisory positions of the support departments. The lab tech positions are dominated by females, including supervisors. Maternity leave is 6 weeks of disability, but the first week is unpaid. So it is 5 weeks at 60% pay. There are jokes made about "giving birth on Friday and coming back on Monday." They will not stop you from taking time you need off for family, but comments are made that are less than favorable. The attitude is that families / pregnancy is an inconvenience for the company.