Dean College

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Dean College to join us.

Aimbridge Hospitality Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are 2 women for every man at this company. This company has a fantastic Women's Development Program. From VP level and above, though, men dominate. And the offer no paid maternity leave, other than Short Term Disability with pays 50% of your salary per week up to $500, pre tax and benefits. All in all, for women there is a ton of opportunity but the company is a bit behind on the times in terms of benefits.

Aimbridge does not offer paid maternity or paternity leave. Employees qualify for FMLA, which is a job secured unpaid leave up to 12 weeks. Employees are eligible for Short Term Disability which pays 50% of your salary up to $500 per week, pre-tax and benefits. STD kicks in on your 15th day of leave and is typically 3-4 weeks in length. So there is a lot of opportunity here for Aimbridge.

Hutchison 3G Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Flexible working, maternity and patenity could be improved and protected during redudancy

Full pay 16 weeks SMP 23

Maybe. Still a wage gap.

Patterson Companies, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

In 2016 several key leadership positions were filled by women or by men from outside of the company. This is significant because the presiding culture is to promote the best Salesmen into Executive roles. The offices of Director/VP/C-level are filled with crusty old white men who started here 30+ years ago as sales reps. The culture is still very tied to a boots-on-the-ground mentality. I am hopeful that the new hires, who come from better-known Minnesota HQ companies like Target, Land O'Lakes, and Thomson Reuters, will bring with them the breath of fresh air that's desperately needed among our executive leadership. The Executives seem to know they need to change, but I still see them wanting "others" to change around them. These are old dogs who are fresh out of tricks.

Flexibility varies by team and by manager. Typically working in IT offers a lot of flexibility.

Maternity leave is average/unimpressive, Paternity leave is nonexistent.

Maybe. For 20+ years only white salesmen were promoted into leadership positions. Changes made in 2016 may be to the benefit of the entire company, but it will take time to see if it's enough.

Wind Creek Casino Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a good place to work at if you are looking to work and need income. You can switch to another department after you have been working there for 6 months. So you definitely have a chance to go up the ladder. It's fun and exciting environment and you interact with so many individuals. If you are driven, people friendly, and have a get up and go attitude this would be the perfect job setting for you. To sum it up I'll say this it's not the best job in the world but then again, it's not the worst job either.

Maybe. I'm a server at the casino and right now my position isn't doing good on the casino floor as far as money wise. We pretty much live on our tips so it's hard making ends meet. It's a good place to come and work at they have excellent benefits/premiums. You wouldn't be able to get a raise either being a server there. I wouldn't recommend anyone to come work in my department but I would recommend them to apply in other areas of the casino as I'm looking to do so as well.

Hensel Phelps Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Expect to work extremely long hours. Quality of Life planning has a long way to go

Maybe. Great if you don't have children

Karmic Labs Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I'm grateful to work with a dynamic and supportive group who are so respectful of each other they try each other's hobbies, support each other's personal endeavors, and give people the room to grow. We're a start up so I've been paid much more in my life. But there's no salary that could get me to leave the supportive environment I'm in. We're working to recruit more women to this fintech company. There are too few women in this sector. And there is a significant upside in getting involved early. If you're looking for an exciting tech company that's rapidly growing, look at Karmic Labs.

Vision Critical Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The hours can be long, though most managers are open to flexible hours. The industry seems to expect long hours, and Operations in particular makes you feel like you need to stay until X is done. In project management, no one has a family with very few exceptions...

City Securities Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have worked here for over three years. I came in at a very senior position with a lot of support from the President and the Board. They have always backed me and helped me without question. We were able to begin to address diversity and inclusion issues. We are working on HR policies involving staff. My senior staff are comprised of mostly women and I wouldnt have it any other way! All in all, a good company!

Hollister Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2015

I you can handle superficial adults who think they're still in high school.... Be my guest.

McKinsey & Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

May 2015

I've worked here for 4 years across 2 offices and multiple sectors/industries. I believe that McKinsey is truly committed to creating an environment where everyone can succeed and thrive, including women. There are numerous programs that have been designed with flexibility in mind (these are open to both men and women) and the number of these programs has grown substantially since I joined the company. While consulting remains male dominated, there are certainly female role models and many male roles models and sponsors as well. One of my favorite "women friendly" things about McKinsey is our evaluation system, which I think takes a significant amount of bias out of reviews.