Employee reviews at Dematic
default img
Tell us more for better jobs, advice
and connections
your interests
Your feed isn’t personalized yet. Follow topics like career advice, lifestyle or health.
companies you follow
companiesBoxImage
Get alerted when there are new employee reviews.
YOUR JOB ALERTS
Get notified when new jobs are posted.
"The CEO explicitly downplayed the significance of micro-aggressions- Complains on sexist comments have been described as "differences in sense of humor" by management- Engineers have talked casually about frequently driving drunk while on site- Women are expected to drive the movement for equality in the workplace. Men are not expected to do anything more than complete the bare minimum online, outdated anti-harrassment quiz"
One thing Dematic can improve?
"Other"
Is paid parental leave offered, and if so, how much?
4 Weeks Paid | 8 Weeks Unpaid
Would you recommend Dematic to other women?
How supportive is your manager?
Which benefits are offered?
Parental leave, Health care, Pension

Want to

"As an engineer, expect to work 40 hours per week in the office but average 12 hour days while you're at customer sites, traveling anywhere from 10-80% of the time. There is no paid parental leave. This is not a company that will love and care for you, but it is a company that will compensate engineers well. It mainly appeals to single men and women with no major commitments in their life."
One thing Dematic can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"

Want to

"There are very few women working here and most of those who do are recent hires or in non engineering positions. It's a very odd mix as if the company only decided in the past few years they were open to hiring women for engineering positions. There are many employees who have been with the company for 10+ year and many even longer. However, very few of those who have been with the company for a long time are women and there are 0 female managers in my department (of over 200 people). These demographics have created an environment where it's not uncommon for someone to use the phrase "She totally wants to do me" or "Have her at the meeting we need some eye candy." There is even a manager who told a recent female hire he thought there were more women working here now because women were getting smarter... So some positives, as a female it is easy to stand out in a good way too. People are more likely to remember you which gives your work extra visibility. All in all I would describe my experience here as kind of weird as I never imagined a place with this kind of attitude was still able to exist. If you are a female interested in a position here I would say proceed with caution and go with your gut-if someone says something off putting in the interview it is likely not a one time thing."
Engineer