Controls Engineer I

Engineering

As an engineer, expect to work 40 hours per week in the office but average 12 hour days while you're at customer sites, traveling anywhere from 10-80% of the time. There is no paid parental leave. This is not a company that will love and care for you, but it is a company that will compensate engineers well. It mainly appeals to single men and women with no major commitments in their life.

Lady SoAndSo

There are very few women working here and most of those who do are recent hires or in non engineering positions. It's a very odd mix as if the company only decided in the past few years they were open to hiring women for engineering positions. There are many employees who have been with the company for 10+ year and many even longer. However, very few of those who have been with the company for a long time are women and there are 0 female managers in my department (of over 200 people). These demographics have created an environment where it's not uncommon for someone to use the phrase "She totally wants to do me" or "Have her at the meeting we need some eye candy." There is even a manager who told a recent female hire he thought there were more women working here now because women were getting smarter... So some positives, as a female it is easy to stand out in a good way too. People are more likely to remember you which gives your work extra visibility. All in all I would describe my experience here as kind of weird as I never imagined a place with this kind of attitude was still able to exist. If you are a female interested in a position here I would say proceed with caution and go with your gut-if someone says something off putting in the interview it is likely not a one time thing.