Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Denbury Resources to join us.

Lowe's Companies Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.2

April 2018

If you like the warehousing, distribution environment and maybe being able to break the glass ceiling, then you might like it. You will get burnt out with trying to make a difference and not being appreciated. I do believe it is who you know in this company and if you say 'no' once, it may hurt your career. It may have changed since I left over a year ago, but I'm not so sure. There were about 2,000 assistant managers that were let go from the stores and warehouses about a year ago and a lot went to work one day and let go without any warning. These people had worked for the company about an average of eight years.

It wasn't as much flexible with the supervisors as with managers or team members. It seemed like the front-line supervisors were taken for granted and not appreciated, especially if you went above and beyond for the team.

Well, I didn't stay. In the building I worked at, there was only one woman manager. There are several women supervisors, but I have never seen any women promoted to manager except one and that is the only woman manager. Also, we had to work 40 hours plus and when you needed to go to an appointment it was like pulling teeth and you had to fill out paperwork just to leave the building. I loved working with my fellow supervisors and the team members. It seemed to me that people that did less were rewarded and the people that did more were taken for granted.

Bertelsmann Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

Depending on what division you work for within Bertelsmann, I think the culture varies quite a bit. Bertelsmann corporate generally consolidates power in Gutersloh, Germany, so consider whether you'd be willing to engage with headquarters in a material way to reach executive levels.

Verisk Analytics Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great flextime but horrible parental leave. Come to Verisk after you have children.

WeWork Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They create a fake image of being inclusive and thinking progressively, but at the end of the day, this company is run by greedy white men who don't take care of their employees or their original mission. Do not fall for the seemingly fun events and the youthful coworkers around you. Women do not have a seat at the table in this company.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Create a less toxic work environment and stop promoting morons.

Symplr Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women are treated fairly and with respect. Lots of women in managerial/executive roles.

Janus Research Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Few women in the company, but gender issues weren't bothersome but rather general business and leadership challenges within the co.

Marco's Pizza Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Required to work minimum of 50 hours a week. Almost always is close to 60 hours a week. Must market for your store every week minimum of 5 hours a week (visiting as many businesses or door hanging as possible, expectations are very high). Definitely not an ideal career for someone who is advanced in their career, more suited for a younger person without a family. Always on call. Standard insurance. Company does work with people who are hired on that are pregnant. Will most likely give time off but may not do paid leave. Will more than likely force employee to use PTO for leave or give the option of not being paid. Potential for raises? If asked to get a raise in salary the answer you get is, 'raise your store revenue'. Getting a raise in your salary is almost never an option, the only way to get a raise is to raise your store revenue. You get 1% of your store revenue every month and a quarterly bonus. Quartly bonus is given if you achieve specific numbers in specific categories. Can be somewhat difficult to achieve most numbers. Great company for young budding new managers.

United Way of the Bay Area Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for over 5 years. I think most would agree that work/life balance is encouraged and respected for all regardless of gender or sexual preference (parental leave is for all parents). PTO benefits are excellent and have gotten me through periods when fundraising goals aren't met and raises are minimal, non-existent, or we take a hit. The work week is 37.5 hours; I've never felt pressured to put in late hours. Few would notice if you did since if you're exempt it's assumed you are self-managing your time to get your work done. In the last few years flex-time and work-at-home options have been introduced for most positions. There are minimal paths to promotion and turnover is high (including multiple layoffs). If you can manage the drawbacks mentioned, it is a great place to gain respected non-profit and professional fundraising experience and still have a life outside of work. There is flexibility to take on new projects and keep one's work varied and interesting. The female CEO is widely admired (both in and outside the organization). The volunteer leadership is impressive and appreciative of staff. The current and last two chairs of the board are recognized businesswomen (one is now in the Obama administration).

SendGrid Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2015

asdg

Empire Justice Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2015

I haven't had kids yet but just recently looked into the leave policies. Was surprised to find my company offers only 1 week paid parental leave given that we are a nonprofit that advocates for worker justice.