Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Derris & Company to join us.

Burlington Stores, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

May 2018

The majority of the company is female, especially in the Corporate office, so there is a lot of support and respect from that perspective.

The more remote opportunities you can offer the better. This is an area of opportunity for the company, not many departments offer it and/or support it.

There is no paid maternity leave at this company. The leave of absence policy is very complex and confusing and needs a lot of work.

Parents Education Network Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

This nonprofit has been acquired by Children’s Health Council and no longer exists as an independent organization.

California State University, Northridge Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Colleges are a great place to work, but the demands are not compensated and the leadership on campus (financial, planning, and corporation) are male-dominated.

Eric Mower + Associates Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Good place to work but low pay. Time billable is frustrating.

School of Visual Arts Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Tons of employees with children- I think the challenges of working full time and having children is known, respected and honored here.

No fixed start/ end times. Employees can make their own schedule within parameters of getting their job done, meeting billable hours requirements, etc., even during the very busy tax season.

East Coast Repair & Fabrication, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The office environment was very awkward and very boring at times. I was let go a few weeks after finding out I was pregnant because I had dozed off for a few minutes, I know you shouldn't sleep at work but I was in my first trimester and I stared at a computer for 8+ hours a day. I spoke to my manager about what happened and she completely understood, but the owner didn't even try to understand as I was let go the next day. I had no other major incidents happen prior to this one.

The head of the accounting department was very flexible as she understood that things come up that you can't control. The owner of the company however seemed less understanding unless he liked you personally.

Be more lenient and understanding

Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women encourage women here! They are strong and very fun to work with.

Mount San Jacinto College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I am part of a union which is great, women are treated fairly overall. Unfortunately, the department itself is male dominant and I am not praised for the work I do. I work hard and barely get recognized when I do something great. I am even forgotten. I have been bullied by one of the males and when I went to talk to my supervisor he told me, without saying it outright, that I was probably imagining things due to my hormones from being pregnant. I am never taken seriously. The worst part of it is that it is done in such a way that it isn't blunt. But anyone who pays attention can see it.

Kraft Foods Group, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2015

I worked here for almost 4 years. I looked at this job as just that...a job. A stepping stone that helped pay the bills, but would never make us rich by any means. It was a shame a big company such as Kraft could pay so poorly while making huge profits. Then again, no one was putting a gun to my head. I took the job knowing it was what it was, a part time that allowed me to make my own hours and work around my kid's schedules. The pay was poor and there were no benefits whatsoever. My boss, on the other hand, was awesome. She really did appreciate us and told us this every day. She even gave her "team" gift cards at Christmas, but it was out of her own pocket. Kraft didn't reimburse her! Kraft didn't pay any of us bonuses for cleaning up the messes the sales teams left behind but instead gave the sales reps bonuses for increasing sales out in the field! Although I never planned on making this a permanent job, I did like the clients I visited. I had really good customers. Then, out of the blue, mine and all those across the country with the same position as myself, got our pink slips without the courtesy of a warning. We got one week's notice. Months pass when out of the blue I get a call from my old manager. She is excited to tell all of us that we can have our old jobs back if we want. We would have the same territories, with the possibility of new accounts. However, there would be no pay increases. Basically the same old job,only a year newer. I wanted to say no, but I loved my manager. She couldn't help what was happening and was equally as effected by the loss since her job was tied to ours! I told her yes, that I'd help her out, but with the intention that I wouldn't be staying and probably would leave at year's end. Well, Kraft beat me to the punch. Again. Just this past month, Kraft told its managers to once again fire the Beverage Reps as we were no longer needed due to the merger with Heinz! I was shocked, amazed at their careless handling of their employees. I think they forget that although they don't "see" us, we are out there working for them. We are people, too. So, you might have fooled me once, then stupidly twice...there won't be a third. Not for me. I would never recommend Kraft foods to either man, woman or troll.

Apollo Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

March 2015

There is a great Women's Leadership initiative, but only for very senior level women. Almost all execs are white males in the same age group. Was tough to work as many hours as expected after having a baby. Expectation was to be on-call and checking email during evenings and vacations. Maternity leave is paid for six weeks if you use all your vacation and sick time, and buy short-term disability insurance; you can take an additional six weeks unpaid. You are responsible for paying your portion of insurance premiums while on unpaid leave, and for repaying advance use of vacation if you leave the company before it accrues.