Discover Financial Services

3.6

"Movement is slow but women are equally considered for promotions. Very accepting of feminine creativity and mindset for a financial company and extremely accommodating for women and men with families. "
One thing Discover Financial Services can improve?
"Not much; it's a great place to work"
Senior Marketing Associate, Marketing
"Flexibility is incredible. Lots of work from home options, flex hours, and a remote office in Downtown Chicago aside from the suburban Riverwoods office."
Would you recommend Discover Financial Services to other women?
"Discover is a good place to work but there are certain aspects to watch out for like unequal pay, promotions, heavy politics. "
One thing Discover Financial Services can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
Manager, Operations
"It truly depends on your manager and whether he/she will allow you to work from home more than once a week or take advantage of the satellite office downtown. In my experience, my management has been very accommodating with my schedule when I needed flexibility, but I know this doesn't happen for everyone."
"I believe the policy has changed since I left the company. I believe it is more generous in that instead of getting 60% of pay during the first six weeks, you can get more than that. Men can also now take advantage of paternity leave, too."
Would you recommend Discover Financial Services to other women?
"Discover offers great benefits such as 25 PTO days off the bat, medical/dental, 401K, tuition reimbursement, an on-site gym, a satellite office downtown. However, in my experience, I have encountered situations where pay has been unequal and when a promotion is given to men over women when it was clear that the women deserved it more."
"Good work-life balance, work environment, benefits and pay. Opportunities for advancement and access to education opportunities."
Would you recommend Discover Financial Services to other women?
"There are many positive things about working for this company. It is important to be in the right place at the right time, working for the right person. If not, you may be overlooked by your boss for one of your more competitive peers."
Would you recommend Discover Financial Services to other women?
"There are good opportunities in the right places."
"I've worked there almost 10 years. In that time I haven't seen as many women as men move into upper manage my positions. Discover does have great community groups and diversity and they do a great job of work life balance but it still feels like women get shorted in the promotion area."
Project manager, N/A