Discover Financial Services

Venus919

Manager

Operations

Discover is a good place to work but there are certain aspects to watch out for like unequal pay, promotions, heavy politics.

It truly depends on your manager and whether he/she will allow you to work from home more than once a week or take advantage of the satellite office downtown. In my experience, my management has been very accommodating with my schedule when I needed flexibility, but I know this doesn't happen for everyone.

I believe the policy has changed since I left the company. I believe it is more generous in that instead of getting 60% of pay during the first six weeks, you can get more than that. Men can also now take advantage of paternity leave, too.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Maybe. Discover offers great benefits such as 25 PTO days off the bat, medical/dental, 401K, tuition reimbursement, an on-site gym, a satellite office downtown. However, in my experience, I have encountered situations where pay has been unequal and when a promotion is given to men over women when it was clear that the women deserved it more.

relog29

Good work-life balance, work environment, benefits and pay. Opportunities for advancement and access to education opportunities.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Lady Silk

There are many positive things about working for this company. It is important to be in the right place at the right time, working for the right person. If not, you may be overlooked by your boss for one of your more competitive peers.

Maybe. There are good opportunities in the right places.

Flower Girl

Project Manager

I've worked there almost 10 years. In that time I haven't seen as many women as men move into upper manage my positions. Discover does have great community groups and diversity and they do a great job of work life balance but it still feels like women get shorted in the promotion area.