Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Disqus, Inc. to join us.

Greater Reading Chamber Alliance Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

This is a good place to work, get experience and possibly create a great place for yourself.

Eden Emergency Medical Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women run. Very supportive. Great environment to work in. Challenging in a way that provides numerous opportunities to learn.

Choice Home Health Care Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is ok if you put your brain to bed and act like a robot.

Not very understanding if something happened and the employee has not been taught how to do the procedure.

Graham Construction & Engineering Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Baltimore City Health Department Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The program is predominantly staffed by women and does not have gender related issues.

Mitsubishi UFJ Trust & Banking Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Try to stay away from this institution because there are very few benefits (no maternity leave policy), managers watch the time you enter and leave the workplace, no telecommuting options. Lastly, all bosses are male Japanese ex-pats who do not understand the New York market.

Ares Management Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is a boys club, but the benefits are great.

Asana Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Asana is a fantastic place to work, for men and women alike! I have been working here less than a year (still possibly in the honeymoon phase) but I have felt empowered greatly already. The culture is developed in a way that makes the whole team into a group of peers. There is no silo effect and definitely no glass ceiling. Mentorship is available and each team member is empowered to reach their potential.

Henderson County, North Carolina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a county based EMS (emergency medical service) and you would expect some protection working for a government entity. Think again! I was 29, married and ready to expand my family. My husband and I sat down with our finances and my medical records and decided we wanted to start to try for a baby. I saw all of my doctors the following weeks to prepare them and myself for pregnancy. I contact my health insurance company to find out how much in deductible and co-insurance we would owe. We waited an additional month to mull over the idea of becoming parents. Then we tried, and bam, first try! I was pregnant. I am a county paramedic with heavy lifting, stressful situations, and possible physical danger. Other women where I work were able to get whatever accommodations they had asked for in the past, however, we now had a new boss. I was a high risk pregnancy from the start because of some medical conditions. Little did I know that after I went off the truck (ambulance) and into light duty (safe desk job), I would only get 4 weeks. Despite the 8 ft high by 12 ft across stack of boxes that needed to be sorted, I was told there was no more light duty left for me and sent home and told to consider the 4 weeks a gift since I was originally going to be given 3 weeks. I went off the ambulance at 23 weeks and I left work altogether at 27 weeks. I had only requested a total of 12 weeks of light duty and I knew there was plenty to be done. I was denied the additional 8 weeks, and told that my FMLA will run out shortly after the baby gets here and I may lose my job all together. Additionally, if I wanted to keep my job, I better get back to work as soon as possible to not "force" them into replacing me. This was their accommodation to me. I ended up very sick and in the ICU after my pregnancy. I feel the added stress of possibly losing my job played a roll in my seriously bad pregnancy. Although my husband and I consulted everyone we could think of before trying to get pregnant, apparently we forgot to ask my boss if it was a good time for him. I foolishly assumed since the other women had accommodations, I would too. I was wrong. We consulted 2 attorneys who basically said in North Carolina it is a right to hire/right to fire state and they can do whatever they want. After my son was born 5 weeks premature and in the NICU and the doctors and nurses had heroically saved my life, I decided to forget putting my company first and run the risk of losing my job and stay out the full 3 months for a total of 20 weeks without pay, a serious financial blow to my family with a new baby. I had now taken the "full" 12 weeks other women had (under FMLA) with my newborn before placing him in daycare, though thankfully my parents helped out and daycare was not often needed. I eventually went part time there, and now a full time mom, but that is only because we can afford to do that with my husbands salary now. I am a lucky person to be able to do that. Some are not so lucky and I feel their pain.

Union Pacific Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women are treated fairly but the company culture still reflects the mentality of a male dominated, 24/7 workforce whose leaders advanced due in large part to their spouses raising their families, allowing them to focus on their careers. Although the company is aware of the need to address work/life balance issues for all employees, and has created policies to allow for a more flexible work environment (ex. telecommuting)few employees actually take advantage of these options because the culture is not fully supportive. At a time when other companies are introducing new leave policies to adapt to the needs of a changing workforce, Union Pacific's culture remains largely unchanged. Leave policies aside, the company does offer a pension plan in addition to the 401k plan (with company match). The pension benefit is sometimes overlooked by applicants who do not understand the benefit or whose goals are not to establish a long-term career but to work for different employers throughout their career. Overall, pay and benefits are competitive with other large employers.