Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Diversified Transportation Ltd. to join us.

International Greetings USA Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
1.5

July 2018

The work environment is toxic and stressful. The pay is not worth it, and chances are good you'll be underpaid for the position you're in. Overall, not worth the stress and poor quality of life. Bullying is a problem, with a number of hostile individuals who gatekeep and pick on others, especially younger female employees.

Taking sick days and going to medical appointments seemed frowned upon. Illness was met with skepticism, and notifying a manager of a medical appointment or dental visit was usually met with an eye roll or sigh. My manager would make comments to make me feel guilty if I used my vacation days, as if I was not allowed to take them. However, managers would frequently miss work for "appointments" and personal reasons whenever they pleased, without consequences.

Improve compensation and work life balance, as well as addressing the toxic culture.

Oath Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Words and what is being spoken are NOT aligned to what takes place in the trenches - it's a heavily while, male dominated environment - our CEO says the right things but when it comes to taking action, he falters greatly

Western University Of Health Sciences Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a great opportunity for young women to kick-start their careers. Whether you have a degree or not, it can provide woman an opportunity to have a well balanced work and family life, no matter how high you climb the coorporate ladder.

This employer gives all employees a two-week paid winter break during the holiday season. This time off is separate from regular vacation/sick time accrued.

Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

Hard to achieve work / life balance. Salary is too low for living in the Bay Area.

Digistream Investigations Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be very careful working here, I was harassed by various men who had higher positions. When I reported that a male coworker asked me out three times in a week, the male management specifically told me not to tell the female HR director. Managers and male coworkers called me "sensitive" and called me "girl" instead of using my first name. I also got insulting questions like "what day of the week do women usually get their hair cut?" It is a very male-oriented environment and it's very difficult to be viewed as more than simply a person with a specific gender. I was always viewed as just a woman. As I was leaving the company, my then-manager recognized that I was unhappy with my lack of professional growth at the company and suggested that he set me up with one of his male friends to get me to be happy.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

GroupM Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

Worked there for 4 years, lots of women working at the copy. Generally I believe they are treated fairly however, it also depends on the department. Women are mostly in mid management.

Michigan State University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They just completed a 5-year effort to level the playing field by adopting clear, uniform metrics that apply equally to everyone. Except that there is no repercussions if your unit ignores the new rules and metrics. I have seen administrators shrug and say "we can't make them do it", which is effectively saying "we can't make them treat women the same as men."

ThisWeek Community News Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 15 years and most of the women are in predominantly in support roles. The ratio of women to men is 70 percent men and 30 percent women. Women are NOT treated fairly as management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to have their voices heard. Most feedback falls on deaf ears. Suggestions by men get implemented while suggestions by women do not. Women are repeatedly passed over for promotion in favor of a less or non-qualified man. This has happened to me personally. I was passed over for promotion in favor of a less qualified man. I had years of leadership experience garnered from the military and this person (my current immediate boss) did not. Nor was he qualified in the digital content arena. His knowledge was only print. Yet he was elevated to Digital Managing Editor over me (the more qualified person) in 2010. Now I've had to put up with his ineptitude for 4 years (I spent one of those years deployed so that doesn't count 2011-2012). I have only stayed there since due to necessity. I cannot quit as I need what little money I get and I needed the health ins to pay for my recent knee surgery and recovery because the VA refused even though it was service-connected. My recovery is almost complete. I have one more checkup and I'll be released. So then I'll be free to quit this extremely toxic workplace for women and minorities to go somewhere where I will be able to utilize my leadership skills, contribute to the mission/big picture, make a difference and have job and life satisfaction. Nothing will change here. It is most certainly a dead end. No opportunity for growth, no perks, no work-balance (I work 70 hrs a week and get paid for 40). I know as a combat veteran I deserve better!

Geek Girl Rising Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Company is rooted in philosophy of "women helping women."

Kleinschmidt Associates Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 3 years and there are some women working here, but predominantly in support roles. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but management is male-dominated and not diverse. Mid-level women don't seem to advance and there have been a series of departures this year of women leaving for higher-paying jobs with better benefits.