Sign Up and Win $500! One new Fairygodboss per month is randomly selected. T&C's apply.

E*Trade Financial Corporation

Madam EngineerAllTheThings

Infrastructure Technology

There is a dearth of women in high level technical roles. Therefore, there isn't much in the way of positive mentoring or role modeling for women at the company in technical positions who are looking for examples to follow. If you a woman in a technical position and want to advance your career path, then this can be a good place to stay for a while to pick up some experience for your resume, but it's very difficult for women to get themselves promoted past low level management, so be prepared to move elsewhere when the time comes. In addition, some high level male managers have made comments like, "I have to watch my language around you because you're a woman," and by making statements such as that makes one feel that males and females are treated differently by some in management.

• Recent Salary (USD)

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Lady Scarlett23

Although I've only worked here a few months, I've quickly found that the company values a good work/life balance. While great results are expected, time off is also encouraged. I do not yet have children but witnessed the company work around the schedules of several new mothers to accommodate their needs. In the future, I'd like to see more women in the higher (and C-level) roles.

• Recent Salary (USD)