Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Edward Rose & Sons to join us.

New Hanover Regional Medical Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2018

It is more about who you know that the qualifications for the job

Voyomotive Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

Depending on which coast you are on and what your role is, prepare to be expected to fill in the gaps that male employees are not asked to do with the same frequency. Anything from running errands to bringing food for office lunches.

Balancing east and west coast offices means that early hours are an option for employees on the west coast, but later hours are preferred for the east coast.

Kin Community Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It can be a great environment to learn and grow in.

LoyaltyOne Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

Get involved in LoyaltyOne's mentoring program as part of the Women's Leadership Initiative.

Totango Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Don't do it. The leadership doesn't understand the importance of women. There are no women in leadership roles and there is not a path for promotion.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Toppan Photomasks Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Company management is very old school and not willing to change with times i.e. allow flex hours, work from home type arrangements etc. No women in top management at all. Zero maternity leave benefits. Onlt FMLA applies. Hours are good though and usually there is no need to work outside business hours or holidays and weekends.

No paid maternity or paternity leave. Further, after disability period runs out, employee is forced to use all accrued vacation and sick time so none are left when rejoining work.

King Soopers Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
1.7

I worked here for six months (at two different stores, to be fair) and had to quit. The job as a florist was rather enjoyable, not too many rude customers and coworkers were respectful. Management was abysmal. I scheduled an OB-GYN appointment and requested the day off, a month in advance, only putting "doctor appointment" for the reason. My manager told me I couldn't have the day off, because someone who worked there longer could need it off. (not kidding, verbatim) I told her I really needed to go see a doctor and she kept asking "why,why,why" so I told her it was a minor surgical procedure with my OB-GYN. she said to ask the store manager. The store manager (who was male) absolutely insisted on knowing exactly what procedure I was having done(imagine explaining to a male boss that you need an IUD removed) and then tried to schedule me around it. Since I wasn't sure if I needed to be dilated again to take it out, I told him I needed the full day off. The second time (at a different store) I had requested christmas week off to go visit my family. I requested time off TWO months this time, just to be sure. Less than a week before I was supposed to leave, the store manager told me I couldn't have the time off. I explained I had already purchased the bus ticket and had requested the time off two months ago. She told me I couldn't go and shrugged when I told her about the ticket. I put in my two weeks notice the same day. It wasn't a bad company to work for If you don't plan on having a social life or seeing a doctor for 5 years until you make it to seniority in the Union.

SAIC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at this company for over a year in a govt contracting position. I've been in the industry about a decade. Thankfully I had a very transparent male coworker (who had the same job title I did) and revealed after our annual raises were announced that he was making 20k more than me. Trying the "lean in" approach with direct management did nothing for me financially, or promotionally. They scrambled when I put in my notice, offering many promises that weren't "in the budget" or were "impossible due to the nature of the contract" beforehand.

Stitch Fix Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

Women are well represented at senior levels ('C Suite') and within creative teams like Merchandising and Marketing. The company is making an effort to hire a diverse group in the Analytics, Algorithms and Engineering teams - though currently those groups are more male dominated.

Duke Clinical Research Institute Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2015

Duke University has a great, well-deserved reputation for its academic excellence. Duke, overall, is also known to have great benefits which I can agree with, in general. However, the Duke Clinical Research Institute, or DCRI for short, falls under the School of Medicine and doesn't have nearly as great of a reputation. Yes, there are smart, well published faculty and impressive research work that has come out of this place but it's a dismal work experience complete with stale employees who have been there too long, forced hierarchies, overly authoritative management, a less than energetic vibe throughout the place and poor quality work. It's true what they say - - make it through that first 3 months of probation and you are a "keeper". You'll work incredibly hard during that first 3 months to prove yourself but once they pass you then you are considered to be a good asset. Now, be prepared to take tons of training classes and to work long hours if you are forced to train AND work on a project immediately out the gate. Beware of being "set up to fail". The DCRI is notorious for doing this to people and everyone will know you're being set up and you'll be the last to know. Advocate for yourself early but if you need your job and can't afford to lose it, then don't speak up too much during that first 3 months. They are not afraid to terminate people and take great pleasure in being able to do so during probation because after probation it is really hard to get someone fired (or, so I have heard). Quality is low and morale is even lower here. Management burned a lot of people a few years ago and people are still talking about it (even to new hires who haven't been on the job for a few weeks!). Senior management is not great. They will appear to advocate for you (one will always claim he is ready to "defend" you) but this is not always the case. Industry trials keep DCRI afloat. You'll learn this during the 1-week long Orientation (which is actually a very nice welcome). Government trials make no money here and these trials are known as slower than industry trials (the lesser talented folks have been known to be put on government trials). People are messing up on projects all the time and never lose their jobs. Staffing is a nightmare - - DCRI can't hire people fast enough or at all. So, tons of contractors are hired for way more money than the salaried employees. Some of these folks have been at DCRI for decades and so their poor performance is often overlooked by their loyalty time and time again. Management has encouraged the growth of a hostile environment (forcing others to talk to people in really mean ways) and then does very little to stop the bullying that occurs as a result of this hostility breeding. Most of the leadership of the top brass are men. Women then make up a better portion of the next layer of management. Blacks and minorities are not represented well in management at all. There are a number of black people who have been at this company for a decade or two and still remain at a low administrative level or not at the top of their job title. Bottomline advice: Work here if you absolutely need the job for money or experience. Then take what you have learned and find a great job at an amazing employer.