Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at El Rio Community Health Center to join us.

Supplemental Health Care Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2018

They are not sympathetic regarding need for personal time off for medical or family related needs.

TransUnion Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

this employer pays very low wages, but has great flexibility.

Entrust Datacard Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I loved working at Entrust Datacard, I have some long lasting friends from working here. But if you are not salaried you are treated like a dub-human. Treatment is not the same.

Entrust Datacard was flexible as long as you were in a salaried position. Twice I applied for positions outside of my department and each time my manager pulled them back or blocked them, Other individuals with the same title were salaried I was hourly. I was laid off On February 25, 2016. The last 6 month's I worked at this company, I had Fungal Pneumonia, a mild stroke, and yes I missed some days, over my allowed. But I always made up my time,I have yet to be able to land a full-time position. I feel like my old manager is giving poor references to prospective employer's.

Medley Material Handling Company Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They are very flexible and understanding with policies when it comes to family.

Staples Canada Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
1.5

Certain bosses are inflexible and not particularly friendly or open to women (although the party line is that they are)

My department is led by someone very inflexible, there are other areas that suffer less from this issue.

It is a matter of overall attitude - less about compensation or direct promotions.

BookPeople Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

No inherent gender discrimination, but treatment varies greatly by coworker and customer. You can move up but be prepared to work harder.

GCA Services Group, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The environment and atmosphere is stagnant, dull, and not progressive or forward thinking. There is not a lot of creativity or room for new ideas. Women are given the same benefits and opportunities but are definitely treated with less respect.

Central Penn College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great work environment, but room for career growth is limited.

O'Neil Langan Architects Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I would not recommend working for this company. Toxic work environment, long hours and poor project management

Duke Clinical Research Institute Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2015

Duke University has a great, well-deserved reputation for its academic excellence. Duke, overall, is also known to have great benefits which I can agree with, in general. However, the Duke Clinical Research Institute, or DCRI for short, falls under the School of Medicine and doesn't have nearly as great of a reputation. Yes, there are smart, well published faculty and impressive research work that has come out of this place but it's a dismal work experience complete with stale employees who have been there too long, forced hierarchies, overly authoritative management, a less than energetic vibe throughout the place and poor quality work. It's true what they say - - make it through that first 3 months of probation and you are a "keeper". You'll work incredibly hard during that first 3 months to prove yourself but once they pass you then you are considered to be a good asset. Now, be prepared to take tons of training classes and to work long hours if you are forced to train AND work on a project immediately out the gate. Beware of being "set up to fail". The DCRI is notorious for doing this to people and everyone will know you're being set up and you'll be the last to know. Advocate for yourself early but if you need your job and can't afford to lose it, then don't speak up too much during that first 3 months. They are not afraid to terminate people and take great pleasure in being able to do so during probation because after probation it is really hard to get someone fired (or, so I have heard). Quality is low and morale is even lower here. Management burned a lot of people a few years ago and people are still talking about it (even to new hires who haven't been on the job for a few weeks!). Senior management is not great. They will appear to advocate for you (one will always claim he is ready to "defend" you) but this is not always the case. Industry trials keep DCRI afloat. You'll learn this during the 1-week long Orientation (which is actually a very nice welcome). Government trials make no money here and these trials are known as slower than industry trials (the lesser talented folks have been known to be put on government trials). People are messing up on projects all the time and never lose their jobs. Staffing is a nightmare - - DCRI can't hire people fast enough or at all. So, tons of contractors are hired for way more money than the salaried employees. Some of these folks have been at DCRI for decades and so their poor performance is often overlooked by their loyalty time and time again. Management has encouraged the growth of a hostile environment (forcing others to talk to people in really mean ways) and then does very little to stop the bullying that occurs as a result of this hostility breeding. Most of the leadership of the top brass are men. Women then make up a better portion of the next layer of management. Blacks and minorities are not represented well in management at all. There are a number of black people who have been at this company for a decade or two and still remain at a low administrative level or not at the top of their job title. Bottomline advice: Work here if you absolutely need the job for money or experience. Then take what you have learned and find a great job at an amazing employer.