Electric Power Research Institute

www.epri.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Electric Power Research Institute to join us.

Brand Building Communications Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very open to supporting a flexible schedule. Totally gets the need to keep to a fair schedule.

Lifeline Childcare Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be early. Love the kids for real. Its the whole point of the job.

Securian Financial Group Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Securian currently does not offer any work from home days (only certain departments) and they do not have a maternity leave - you get the standard 12 weeks unpaid (6 of them covered under STD at 60% pay) and if you want to take of more time you will have to use your vacation/PTO.

RedBrick Health Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Not for Hiring

New York City Department of Education Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.7

Each work experience is very different, depending on the borough and administration. It can change a lot year to year as there can be high turnover. My boss is a supervisor outside of the school site who is great. She encourages growth, gives helpful and positive feedback, doesn't micromanage and shows trust in her teachers who show that they do their jobs. The team I work with in the school site has been difficult, and I bend over backwards to accommodate their requests. I have gotten conflicting requests (First time: Can you do X with the student group? Next time: Can you do Y - the opposite of X - with the student group?). This happens frequently. It's hard not to take these crazy back and forth requests personally. There is little professional behavior, as many of my co-workers will gossip, show attitude, talk back and exclude others.

The Burchfield Penney Art Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I would not recommend if you are looking for hourly work

The Coface Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is zero flexibility with hours. If you have a dr appointment and will be a half hour late, they force you to use a half personal day.

Equitable Life and Casualty Insurance Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Flex schedules Friendly employees Good company culture Wellness activities 401K benefits and matching 5-days-a-week

Abercrombie & Fitch Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

good places to work

Henderson County, North Carolina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a county based EMS (emergency medical service) and you would expect some protection working for a government entity. Think again! I was 29, married and ready to expand my family. My husband and I sat down with our finances and my medical records and decided we wanted to start to try for a baby. I saw all of my doctors the following weeks to prepare them and myself for pregnancy. I contact my health insurance company to find out how much in deductible and co-insurance we would owe. We waited an additional month to mull over the idea of becoming parents. Then we tried, and bam, first try! I was pregnant. I am a county paramedic with heavy lifting, stressful situations, and possible physical danger. Other women where I work were able to get whatever accommodations they had asked for in the past, however, we now had a new boss. I was a high risk pregnancy from the start because of some medical conditions. Little did I know that after I went off the truck (ambulance) and into light duty (safe desk job), I would only get 4 weeks. Despite the 8 ft high by 12 ft across stack of boxes that needed to be sorted, I was told there was no more light duty left for me and sent home and told to consider the 4 weeks a gift since I was originally going to be given 3 weeks. I went off the ambulance at 23 weeks and I left work altogether at 27 weeks. I had only requested a total of 12 weeks of light duty and I knew there was plenty to be done. I was denied the additional 8 weeks, and told that my FMLA will run out shortly after the baby gets here and I may lose my job all together. Additionally, if I wanted to keep my job, I better get back to work as soon as possible to not "force" them into replacing me. This was their accommodation to me. I ended up very sick and in the ICU after my pregnancy. I feel the added stress of possibly losing my job played a roll in my seriously bad pregnancy. Although my husband and I consulted everyone we could think of before trying to get pregnant, apparently we forgot to ask my boss if it was a good time for him. I foolishly assumed since the other women had accommodations, I would too. I was wrong. We consulted 2 attorneys who basically said in North Carolina it is a right to hire/right to fire state and they can do whatever they want. After my son was born 5 weeks premature and in the NICU and the doctors and nurses had heroically saved my life, I decided to forget putting my company first and run the risk of losing my job and stay out the full 3 months for a total of 20 weeks without pay, a serious financial blow to my family with a new baby. I had now taken the "full" 12 weeks other women had (under FMLA) with my newborn before placing him in daycare, though thankfully my parents helped out and daycare was not often needed. I eventually went part time there, and now a full time mom, but that is only because we can afford to do that with my husbands salary now. I am a lucky person to be able to do that. Some are not so lucky and I feel their pain.