EMC Corporation http://www.emc.com

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about EMC Corporation?
Lady Sunflower

EMC is a wonderful company. Great place to get started in your career and experience a fast paced atmosphere. I never felt like I was treated unfairly or any differently than a male. They even have a women's leadership forum to network with other women! However, I am a young woman with no children who is hungry enough to work the 60-70 hours a week with no paid overtime. With that said, I don't think any of the jobs i experienced at EMC provide the work life balance that a woman would need to feel she is not being cheated out of time with her children. Most jobs are tied to the sales cycle which means every end of quarter is a nightmare. Working 8 am to midnight was standard. Unless you are in HR or marketing, I don't see it being a great fit.

Certain departments may be a better fit for work life balance but anything tied to the sales cycle is only for the young and hungry who are willing to work 70 hours a week for no overtime.
Lady coutureapparelcrafts Senior BA, Service operations

It is a boys club there. Stay away.

old school boys club

depending on position and department
Lady Yagottawanna

Solid employment

I worked for a company that was purchased by EMC. Now don't get me wrong, EMC is managed very well. It has some of the best practices I've ever seen. But it is managed by men. And more than that, it's managed by this tigh knit community of men who have been at a EMC for 10+ years. You cannot penetrate that community. It by "invite" only. And no one tells you what you need to do to be invited. They select you, and the criteria is unknown. Once EMC owns your company, they start to replace your senior mgt with their own. This is a slow and managed process, so there is not a mass exodus of employees. Everything EMC does is planned and purposeful. Again, very well managed company, managed by men who have worked together for 10 plus years. My advice to women - EMC stands for Exclusive Men's Club. Get out if you are not on the invitation list within a year.

Madam Lizzie

a

Women Review EMC Corporation for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of EMC Corporation by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

2.8 stars, based on 16 reviews Company Website Lady Sunflower Lady coutureapparelcrafts Lady anon70 Lady Yagottawanna Lady anon143 Madam Lizzie