Emerson Process Management

www2.emersonprocess.com/

Emerson is a great place to work if you are fortunate enough to have a fair boss, which is not always the case.

Engineer Lady

My personal experience with my group has been good for the majority. It is a unique place to work and if you get the right managment, pretty flexibile. However, the diversity of managment is horrendous. There is not a single female at the director level and only two at a manager level within the engineering fields at our location. The "good ole boys club" still runs this loaction, though the management has been changing recently (to younger white males) my hope is that some of them will be more willing to change the culture.

Certain business units are better for flexibility. For example, most managers allow the father to take a week or two off without using vacation or FMLA for a new baby, but groups such as sales (overwhelmingly an "old boys" club) do not allow that or any other flexiblity for the mother with regard to time off on top of weak short term disability/FMLA policy.

The first six weeks of unpaid ran concurrently with the paid six weeks which were categorized as short term disability. The last six weeks of unpaid require the employee to use half of the remain vacation balance. (Do not have a baby in Dec!) Emerson does not have a true maternity leave policy.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Maybe. If more women join the company, we can collectively make change.