Esurance Insurance

www.esurance.com

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Esurance Insurance to join us.

Leadership Solutions Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great place to grow professionally and have a work/life balance!

Moore Cadillac Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I cannot give an evaluation at this time. I cannot divulge any information.

Picmonkey Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

PicMonkey is a great place to work - parental leave (both maternity and paternity) is great, the hours are flexible and the culture is very family friendly. As with other companies I have worked at though, there could always be more female leaders. At the moment, there is only 1 above the VP level and only 2 at the director level or above.

We have quite a few dads and moms who have recently come out of "stay-at-home"ness and the company has been very understanding of flexible hours needed for school pick-ups and drop-offs. Also, if schools are closed, we will have between 3 and 5 kids in the office watching TV, playing legos, or drawing on the white boards.

Santa Barbara City College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

November 2016

The College is an excellent place to work. I am a part-time worker so I can't speak to FT benefits or family leave. However, the people and systems have been very accommodating to me. I feel fully supported, comfortable and have always been treated fairly. It is a beautiful campus, well run and compensation is decent. I highly recommend it. My department, in particular, is fantastic. I love going to work.

I'm an adjunct professor and wish there was more opportunity for full time faculty positions. However, I am realistic about the changing nature of higher ed. Tenure-track faculty jobs are rare and disappearing.

Hawaii State Department of Education Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

Not pregnancy friendly. Being judged and treated rudely by my Principal. Forced to attend trainings outside my contracted time. Not understanding of my difficult first trimester.

Currently pregnant. Will need to take maternity leave next year.

ICAP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

Some areas are great

Not for Pay, Hiring

Maybe. In certain business lines, there are no female executives in positions of authority and power and senior management has not taken an interest in changing the status quo (or even acknowledging the problem)

TCG, Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Small employers (and TCG is just over 100 employees) have a hard time providing benefits because there are so few people to share the burden, but TCG does a better job than most with support for emergency sick-child care, generous work-from-home policies, an adamant position against working long hours (managers chide you and find alternatives for you if you work more than 44 hours a week for more than two weeks), and family-friendly benefits. Because the employees either work from home or on government clients' sites, nursing rooms and on-site childcare are either not necessary or subject to clients' policies. But flexible hours are supported, and the management will take it up with clients if they are not sufficiently accommodating.

ChannelAdvisor Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

great company, family focused but no paid maternity or paternity leave

6 weeks were disability and paid only at 60%

paid maternity and paternity leave -- not just disability

University of Massachusetts Lowell Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

I was only an RA/TA, so I can't say what it's like for female faculty. There were actually plenty of RAs and TAs in the mechanical engineering department when I was there, and in general the culture from the top down was positive and encouraging. Beware the undergraduates, of course; they can be real chauvinists.

Maybe. It's a pretty standard university engineering department (read: super male), but there are some really excellent female role models here, too.

United States Chamber of Commerce Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at this organization for 16 months as a junior staffer. Although I received constant praise for going above and beyond my responsibilities, I was not publicly acknowledged for having done so an, more importantly, not given a bonus for the first 12 months. Under appreciation of junior staff was not limited to women, though. From a woman's perspective, the organization has very few women in senior management positions. Because of grant applications, I was able to know individuals' salaries and learned that women make significantly less than their male counterparts at the organization. Pay and incentives seem arbitrary - based more on personal connections or forcefulness rather than an employee's performance. This has likely affected women disproportionately as women tend not to ask (or demand) the same compensation as men. I did take maternity leave and found that I was lucky to have 6 weeks of paid short term disability for a vaginal delivery (8 weeks for Cesarean, only open to mothers who get medical note from their OBGYN) followed by 2 weeks for "baby bonding time" (open to fathers and adoptive parents as well). I realize this is "generous" for the United States, but the HR handling of my leave was less than satisfactory. The policy was not clear -- it is an amalgamation of several policies, nothing specifically written for maternity leave -- and the HR personnel was not careful when explaining my benefits to me.

Maybe. Yes because there is some paid maternity leave, which is better than many other organizations. If you are not going to need that leave, though, I would not recommend working here. Women are paid significantly less than men and during my time with the organization (CIPE, an affiliate of the US Chamber of Commerce), there were only two women in senior leadership and more than a dozen men.