TaxEsq

It's a good place for mediocrity to thrive. If you are competent, you will get lots of praise. But the men will always get paid more and promoted more frequently. You will also be told that you are aggressive or bossy if you take issue with your comp.

anon2941 Compliance

Connections are everything and you need to push for your own advancement.

hello123

Good benefits, nice people promotion and growth is harder for women

• 5

There is a lot of talk about flexibility but not always true in practice
depends what you are looking for

make sure you are visible and valuable and networking is crucial to get promotions.

Fantastic opportuinty to stay corporate and still have a family.

imthelittleone Tech Advisory Staff, Strategy & Business Development

Don't work here, especially if you're a woman engineer. It is a true boy's club.

FairyGodWorker

Long hours, but if you communicate then you can work a flex schedule - often calling for late nights.

Family is touted as extremely important, but during busy season, this does go out the window... Working hours, due to project timing, are very long and much less flexible.

Sunshine31

Nothing yet-- I just started at EY two weeks ago. Will post something when I have an opinion.

I am have only been at EY for two weeks.
anon2447 Sr. Digital Analytics Consultant, Society Ey

Women should avoid this place Six months into my pregnancy (with my first child) my company was acquired by EY. Initially I was super excited... however quickly became very saddened by the way the company treats new moms. When my offer letter was presented to me I was told that I would not be eligible for EYs maternity leave due to the fact although they had acquired a company that I had been employed at for five years, I hadn't been an EY employee yet for 12 months. Disapponiting but I could live with it. Over the next month I repeatedly asked HR about the FMLA qualification which is also based on 12 months of employment, Short Term disability eligibility or loss of, lost PTO etc. I basically wanted to know if I was getting 6 weeks unpaid or 3 months unpaid. I was told each time that I could not engage with EYs maternity team until the deal closed. Time was ticking on and the stress of not knowing during my pregnancy was just so saddening - I knew I had to leave the company for my own health let alone my baby's health. I quickly found a new job at a company that went out of their way to treat me like one of their own and while I disqualified from both FMLA and short term disability I knew I could never trust neither Society not EY. When I gave my two weeks notice I was told that I could buy vacation days. I worked on a team with 23 men and three women including myself... Not surprising that this was their response. HAHA, it's so absurd it makes me laugh. Fast forward three weeks after leaving the company, a dozen emails later and I am sitting pregnant and without health insurance. Neither company will give me access to Cobra that I've repeatedly asked for. Cobra told me I'm not in their system. I'm paying out of pocket for my ultrasounds and praying that nothing happens to me. Only one week to go until my new coverage kicks in. Unfortunately health insurance companies won't provide short term coverage to pregnant women. Every day I wake up thankful that I didn't end up in the ER the day before. Shame on them. My client found out what happened and pulled her contract too.

SEE ABOVE. Lack of communication around maternity leave is why I quit.

Facebook
Twitter
Women Review EY for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of EY by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.4 stars, based on 79 reviews Company Website TaxEsq anon2941 hello123 anon2804 anon2760 imthelittleone FairyGodWorker anon2542 Sunshine31 anon2447