EY

Headquarters:London, (England)10,000+ Employees

"Nothing yet-- I just started at EY two weeks ago. Will post something when I have an opinion. "
Would you recommend EY to other women?
"I am have only been at EY for two weeks. "
"Women should avoid this place Six months into my pregnancy (with my first child) my company was acquired by EY. Initially I was super excited... however quickly became very saddened by the way the company treats new moms. When my offer letter was presented to me I was told that I would not be eligible for EYs maternity leave due to the fact although they had acquired a company that I had been employed at for five years, I hadn't been an EY employee yet for 12 months. Disapponiting but I could live with it. Over the next month I repeatedly asked HR about the FMLA qualification which is also based on 12 months of employment, Short Term disability eligibility or loss of, lost PTO etc. I basically wanted to know if I was getting 6 weeks unpaid or 3 months unpaid. I was told each time that I could not engage with EYs maternity team until the deal closed. Time was ticking on and the stress of not knowing during my pregnancy was just so saddening - I knew I had to leave the company for my own health let alone my baby's health. I quickly found a new job at a company that went out of their way to treat me like one of their own and while I disqualified from both FMLA and short term disability I knew I could never trust neither Society not EY. When I gave my two weeks notice I was told that I could buy vacation days. I worked on a team with 23 men and three women including myself... Not surprising that this was their response. HAHA, it's so absurd it makes me laugh. Fast forward three weeks after leaving the company, a dozen emails later and I am sitting pregnant and without health insurance. Neither company will give me access to Cobra that I've repeatedly asked for. Cobra told me I'm not in their system. I'm paying out of pocket for my ultrasounds and praying that nothing happens to me. Only one week to go until my new coverage kicks in. Unfortunately health insurance companies won't provide short term coverage to pregnant women. Every day I wake up thankful that I didn't end up in the ER the day before. Shame on them. My client found out what happened and pulled her contract too. "
One thing EY can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
Sr. Digital Analytics Consultant, Society EY
"SEE ABOVE. Lack of communication around maternity leave is why I quit. "
Would you recommend EY to other women?
"Maternity leave is only offered to those who have been employed with the compay for 12 months."
One thing EY can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
"I left the company because I was not offered the same maternity leave as my colleagues."
Would you recommend EY to other women?
"Be very careful about the area and Partner that you work with. The Partner structure is still the driver of the culture whatever the internal rhetoric is."
One thing EY can improve?
"I found the area of EY that I worked in to be overly patriachal and hierarchical. My immediate manager was a male bully and was so difficult to work for it impacted my health. The HR team seemed to know all about this but as he was a Partner they seemed unwilling to act. I found a role in another area and they wanted to cut my compensation by 50% to match the existing men, even though I was far more qualified. I decided - in the end to resign - with a healthy pay out."
Would you recommend EY to other women?
"great in the beginning lots of unspoken rules. people do not mean what they say "
One thing EY can improve?
"act on unconcious bias and clicks"
"no"
Would you recommend EY to other women?
"Good place for women. Fleible work arrangements and good paid maternity leave."
One thing EY can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit facetime)"