Buckeye2016 Senior Associate, Core Business Services

Negotiate your salary and advocate for yourself and your career.

anon1471 Principal

I would say you have to be your biggest cheerleader and drive your network of support.

In a variety of roles there are great opportunities for women, however a lot of networking is still based on old paradigms which make it challenging for women with families or skills outside of work.

High burnout

Depending on their life stage and if work life balance is not important
LearningAsIGo Assistant Director

In my experiences, the firm is supportive of helping create a work/life balance but when you're expected to be "on," you have to be all in.

On the one hand, I think the firm offers flexibility and does care about work/life balance. I was able to take an extended unpaid maternity leave, which is something that I will always be grateful for. On the other hand, as a new mom returning to work, I do feel like you're just expected to dive back in head first and am not sure that the transition is all that supportive.
Help promote the careers of people who matter
Anonymous - 7264 HR Coordinator, Human Resources

If you're starting out in your career, the salary is very low even though this company is big. The tradeoff of having a big brand on your resume is that you're underpaid.

Lady angelboo31 Auditor, Audit

If you are in the audit service line, it is really difficult to find good work life balance.

Depends on the service line you work in
Lady Cool Tax Manager, NESA Tax

Anonymous - 5893 Executive Director, Tax

Things are fine for women in the early years, but once you've gotten to a certain point, you either have to play like the boys to get ahead or be satisfied being topped out.

Madam Truffle Senior, Tax

I've worked at EY for almost 7 years. I think the CPA requirement should be more lenient for manager promotion since studying while having kids around is tough and I've seen other women leave the firm for this reason. Generally I think women and men are treated equally, but this depends on who you work with. In some areas you are expected to work many more hours than most jobs which is tough to do with kids as well. Raises often depend on ratings and how many hours you worked during you the year almost always comes up in these discussions. I think the amount of hours required should be made more reasonable in that aspect since it really should be about the work you do, not the hours you worked when you are salary. Partners tend to be more male than female and few minorities. I believe the reason for that goes back to the current partners controlling how promotions and raises happen and more minorities should be involved in choosing the requirements. Overall, it is a good job with lots of flexibility when it comes to when you work your hours. I do recommend working here, but definitely expect a challenge when it comes to work-life balance.

In the right department, yes.
Lady V Manager, Assurance

I started my career with EY and have worked here for 7 years. Opportunities for promotion, advancement, international rotations, etc. are not limited by gender. It's truly an equal opportunity workplace. While a significant proportion of the partnership level is white male, in recent years there have been more female partners and executive directors being promoted across the organization. Overall, there is great support from leadership and it's a great organization to work for.

Women Review EY for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of EY by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.4 stars, based on 75 reviews Company Website Buckeye2016 anon1471 LearningAsIGo Lady angelboo31 Lady Cool Madam Truffle Lady V